ObjectArx 2012, 2014. Add Variable Wizard error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1844 Views, 7 Replies

ObjectArx 2012, 2014. Add Variable Wizard error

Hi all,

In ObjectArx 2012 project, I try to add a variable with the Add Variable wizard in VS 2010. But it fails and i get a error message. And the Control variable type combobox is disabled.

in ObjectArx 2014 project - VS 2012. Add Variable wizard, the Control variable type combobox don't no longer include the types as AcGePoint3d,...

Please help me to solve this problem..!!thanks in advance..!!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm sad..., my "add variable wizard ObjectArx 2012" still not working. Nobody can help me for solving this problem....

Message 3 of 8
NikolayPoleshchuk

In prevoius versions this error was caused by too strict security policy in Windows. Try to weaken

Nikolay Poleshchuk
http://poleshchuk.spb.ru/cad/eng.html
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: NikolayPoleshchuk

Thank you very much for your reply

However, I have set "user account control settings" on lowest level, but it didn't work..

Have you a other solution for this problem?.

Now, I resign myself to using Visual studio 2008 and ObjectArx 2010-2011 instead, but I can't find "ObjectArx wizard 2010-2011". Could you show me to find it somewhere? Thanks in advance...

Message 5 of 8
Balaji_Ram

Hi Kyle,

I could reproduce the behavior with the ObjectARX Wizard 2012 and Visual Studio 2010. Unfortunately I do not have the expertise in Visual Studio customization to fix the wizard.

The Add variable wizard should include those additional types by loading "types.xml" from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX Wizards for AutoCAD 2012\ArxMemVariableWiz\HTML\1033". Visual Studio 2008 seems to be loading it ok from that path. 

The ObjectARX Wizard for 2014 however, has intentionally left out that feature along with some other features.

So you can try using Visual Studio 2008 with ObjectARX Wizard for AutoCAD 2012. But all this might not be worth the pain of migrating the Visual Studio 2008 project after adding the variables. It is going to be much easier to add the variable without the use of the wizard.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Thank Balaji_Ram

To be honest,

I want to create a "custom Ellipse" or any custom object in objectArx, with some “additional input 3dpoint variables”. I manually add "3dpoint variable", but when I move my custom object in AutoCad, these points don’t move.

Only points created from center point (of Ellipse) can move. I don't understand the reason, so I want to use wizard for adding "3dpoint variable".

Could you help me solve this problem? Thanks...

And could you show me where I can download the objectArx wizard 2010, 2011 or the previous ones... for using with VS2008. I want to see if this way can solve the problem. I find that VS2008 can't use the objectArx wizard 2012.

Again, thank you very much...

Message 7 of 8
NikolayPoleshchuk

Have added subTransformBy method for your new points? If no then they will not move in any transformations.

Nikolay Poleshchuk
http://poleshchuk.spb.ru/cad/eng.html
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: NikolayPoleshchuk

Thank Nikolay Poleshchuk...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost