Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macro for toolbar button which will load .arx file

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
steveplayford
822 Views, 6 Replies

Macro for toolbar button which will load .arx file

Help please. I need to click on a toolbar button, which brings up a 'Load' explorer window. The file type I need to load is an .arx file.

(FYI, when loaded, this .arx file adds a tab to the autocad window tray, which when clicked, brings up another window. This final window is a calculations 'spreadsheet' that counts and dimensions the rectangles I have already drawn.)

A normal Load window only allows dwg files or similar to be opened. So how do I open a window that allows me to search All file types, and therefore locate this .arx file, to load it?

It use to happen with no problem but since i recently had to reinstall AutoCad 2007 Lite after a software problem, this command is no longer in the system, and the guy who programmed it is no longer around.

Bit of a macro novice here, so go easy!

Thanks

Steve

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

In order to load arx-file into AutoCAD you can use one of next method:

1. Command _ARX  with options _LOAD

2. Command _APPLOAD

3. Lisp-function (arxload "path-to-arx-file" ["error message"])

4. Etc.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 7

I've tried entering those commands in the command bar but it doesnt recognise them.

When I customise the toolbar button that I've set up, I need to put the macro command in after the <^C^C^_>  What is the command that tells it to open an explorer/load window, which includes the option to open all file types (including .arx files)?

Thanks

Steve

Message 4 of 7

1. Are you using full version of AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT? AutoCAD LT can not load arx-files.

2. Macro can be like this:

^C^C_APPLOAD

or

^C^C_ARX _Load

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 7

Im using Autocad Lite 2007, and have been loading this ARX file for years until I had to reinstall the program.

Previously, when it worked, I clicked the icon, and up popped a window (like an explorer window) that enabled me to search for the arx file, open/load it, and that created the extra tab on the autocad tray at the bottom of the screen. Its the code that made that window pop up that is now missing.

Neither of those codes worked. Maybe its not a "load this arx file" code that I need, but a "Pop up an explorer window to search for all filetypes" code.

Steve

Message 6 of 7

@steveplayford wrote:

...Im using Autocad Lite 2007, and have been loading this ARX file for years until I had to reinstall the program...

It is unsupported and prohibited Autodesk hack. IMHO this is not a place where you can discuss it.

ObjectARX SDK License:

...As set forth above, You may not use the Software to develop applications for AutoCAD LT®, DWG TrueConvert™, and DWG TrueView™ software, as the aforementioned products are nonextensible applications and the use of the Software to develop applications for these products is expressly prohibited by this Agreement...

Expert Elite Member

Message 7 of 7

OK, I wasnt aware of that. What Im trying to achieve seemed a pretty innocent procedure.

Oh well!

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost