Did you mean: 

Linker error when creating plugin from scratch

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
serge2go
836 Views, 3 Replies

Linker error when creating plugin from scratch

Hello,

I stared a visual studio 2010 project from scratch in order to create a plugin for AutoCAD 2013. From what I understand the plugin is essentiall y a DLL with 2 exported functions. I obviously added the paths to both libraries and headers needed to build. However when I build I get these errors:

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp_acrxSysRegistry referenced in function "void __cdecl unloadApp(void)" (?unloadApp@@YAXXZ)

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: static class AcRxClass * __cdecl AcEdCommandStack::desc(void)" (?desc@AcEdCommandStack@@SAPEAVAcRxClass@@XZ) referenced in function "public: static class AcEdCommandStack * __cdecl AcEdCommandStack::cast(class AcRxObject const *)" (?cast@AcEdCommandStack@@SAPEAV1@PEBVAcRxObject@@@Z)

error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "__declspec(dllimport) public: bool __cdecl AcRxClass::isDerivedFrom(class AcRxClass const *)const " (__imp_?isDerivedFrom@AcRxClass@@QEBA_NPEBV1@@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __cdecl AcRxObject::isKindOf(class AcRxClass const *)const " (?isKindOf@AcRxObject@@QEBA_NPEBVAcRxClass@@@Z)

I looked and found that  acrxSysRegistry (which seems to be the source of the pb) is defined as follows:

extern "C" ACBASE_PORT AcRxDictionary* acrxSysRegistry();

I tried a 64 and 32 bit version of the project, same issue, however the projects from the SDK/sample foler seems to work fine. 

Any idea what might be going on? Let me know if you need further information.

Thank you for your time.

-Serge

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Are you linking with ac1st19.lib and accore.lib from appropriate directory (lib-win32 or lib-x64)?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 4
serge2go
in reply to: serge2go

Yes I am linking against the appropriate library depending on the architecture. But note that the issue happens for both 64bit and 32bit.

Thank you
Message 4 of 4

Simplest way to start development is using ObjectARX Wizard:  http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/objectarx_wizards_2013.zip

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost