Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limitation with AdskHlrApi19.dbx library for model space annotations to drawing

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
vijayshegunshi
380 Views, 1 Reply

Limitation with AdskHlrApi19.dbx library for model space annotations to drawing

We have product developed on top of AutoCAD using Object ARX on AutoCAD 2013, wherein we are using “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library” for 3D to 2D extraction of custom entities so that we can deliver  PURE AutoCAD  Drawing ( .dwg format). This feature is required because of our customer needs to share the drawings with vendors who doesn’t have our product, hence they need the drawing in native AutoCAD.

We are facing some limitation with “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”, the annotation added in model space are not getting transferred to  resultant drawing.  We could also unable to find out detailed help of usage of “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”.

Any one please let us know :

1)      Where can we find detailed help of “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”  

2)      What need to be taken care to get the model space annotations in resultant drawing generated using “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”

3)      Do we have any other alternatives for “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: vijayshegunshi

Hi Vijay,

1) Where can we find detailed help of “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library” 

I do not have a specific document that explains the API. The sample in the SDK folder is the best resource so far. The HLR API header file “Hlr.h” has comments to explain the enum values. If you have a specific query, please do let me know. I will find out more about it.

2) What need to be taken care to get the model space annotations in resultant drawing generated using “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”

A way to customize the output of the HLR API for custom entities is explained in this forum post : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-ObjectARX/Hlr-api-protocol-extension-AsdkHiddenLineBase/m-p/3...

For your specific issue, if you can please provide me a sample buildable project along with the steps to explain this behavior in more detail, I can investigate this. 

3) Do we have any other alternatives for “AdskHlrApi19.dbx library”

There are only a few options to do this conversion from 3d to 2d other than using the HLR API. 

1) FLATSHOT command : You can try with this command and see if the same behavior that you mentioned about annotations is reproducible. Unfortunately, there is no command line version of this command and the inputs have to be provided in the dialog.

2) FLATTEN command : This is part of the express tools for AutoCAD. The VLisp source for this command is provided with AutoCAD and can be found in its install folder under "Express\Flatten.lsp".

Regards,

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost