ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable Object snap during JIG (custom entity)?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
maisoui
873 Views, 3 Replies

How to enable Object snap during JIG (custom entity)?

Hi,

I created a custom entiy and override the standard method subGetOsnapPoints. No problem with existing (= present in database) entities, object snap works pefectly. But, it's totally different when I use a JIG to create my custom entity. During JIG, I don't get snap points from my custom entity itself.

So have you a solution to enable object snap in a JIG?

PS : I try to create a JIG with a AcDbPolyline as entity and result is the same : No snap points. Yet the command PLINE displays snap points... How to reproduce this?

Best regards,

Jonathan

--
Jonathan
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: maisoui

I suppose you could add the entity to the database before starting the jig, although I don't recommend that. You could add an input point monitor that calls the jigged entity's getOsnapPoints function and includes the results along with AutoCAD's results. You could also call your entity's getOsnapPoints in your jig's sample function and add your own logic there to determine how to interpret the acquired point based on the available snap points.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
maisoui
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thank you for your quick and useful reply. I begun to use a custom input point monitor (AcEdInputPointMonitor) and I noticed that AutoCAD polyline jig seems to jigged only the last segment of the polyline and have another polyline in database with all previous picked points.

What do you think about this solution?

Regards,

Jonathan Luthi

--
Jonathan
Message 4 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: maisoui

As I said, I don't recommend that because it's more difficult to clean up if the user cancels..

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost