ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I determine if an x-clip boundary is inverted?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
lumentelum
903 Views, 2 Replies

How do I determine if an x-clip boundary is inverted?

Kean Walmsley had a nice article on how to retrieve the xclip boundary from a block reference here: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2012/10/querying-for-xclip-informatio...

But his solution doesn't retrieve all the information, specifically whether or not a clip boundary is inverted.

I've been trying for a couple of days now to retrieve this info.  I'm able open the spatial filter object and I've tried several different methods to retrieve this data but have been unsuccessful.  I've tried the extensionDictionary, getFieldDictionary, xData, getBinaryData, and dxfOut methods on the AcDbSpatialFilter object but none of these have provided me with the data I seek.

I've attached a simple drawing that includes an inverted clip boundary.  Any help would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
owenwengerd
in reply to: lumentelum

It looks like Autodesk forgot to expose this setting via the API, or to include it in the DXF output. Maybe you can ascertain it by calling clipVolumeIntersectsExtents() with a volume that is completely inside the boundary. The setting is filed to the DWG filer via dwgOutFields(), so if all else fails, you could write a custom AcDbDwgFiler to capture the setting.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 3
lumentelum
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thanks for the response; if only I had tried the dwgOutFields technique.  I see that an Int16 is written out immediately following the AcGePoint2d objects defining the boundary and this appears to be a flag which indicates whether or not the boundary is inverted.  Thanks again for the suggestion.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost