ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI in ObjectARX (MFC Extension DLL or Something Else)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
990 Views, 3 Replies

GUI in ObjectARX (MFC Extension DLL or Something Else)

Hey everyone!

I've been trying to setup a GUI through an MFC Extension DLL.

Unfortunately there always seems to be a an issue with the configuration of the project.

Anyways...  I was wondering if there is any UP TO DATE procedure for configuring a MFC Extension DLL project and implementing that into ObjectARX.

Also, I am willing to try out other frameworks.  I've only breifly heard of Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF).  If there is a way to integrate with that, that could be an option as well.

By the looks of it, if I cannot figure out how to get a GUI working with ObjectARX, then I will have to downgrade down to .NET API's.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

- Nicholas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: Anonymous

Most people use the ObjectARX wizard and let it create the project automatically. I'm not aware of anything specifically about setting up MFC, but if you want specifics you should at least mention which ObjectARX SDK and AutoCAD version(s) you're trying to target.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: owenwengerd

Oh sorry... 

Here is what I'm using/targeting:

ObjectARX 2012,

AutoCAD 2012,

Visual Sutio 2010

By the way, I was able to setup a MFC Extension DLL.

However, I am now running into an issue that was also on the acuisample_dg sample project in the SDK.

The arx compiles, but will not SHOW the dialog.  The dialog's visibility is set to true.

I think this could be a result of me using v100 for the toolset.  I cannot switch to v90 because I am waiting on a VS2008 installation. AutoCAD will load the arx and call functions, but it says before loading that it is incompatible)

I tried using both AcUiDialog and AdUiDialog, and received the same results.

Message 4 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: Anonymous

It will not work unless you use the same MFC DLL that AutoCAD uses, which means you need the v90 platform toolset and VC9 MFC libraries.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost