ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grip Overrules - Display two (kind of) Grips at the same location?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
WolframKuss12
633 Views, 3 Replies

Grip Overrules - Display two (kind of) Grips at the same location?

We have two kinds of grips for moving single furniture units and complete furniture rows.
Obviously, the end of a row is also the end of a unit, so at that 3D position we have two different types of grips.
It would be difficult to reposition them as that would make it more difficult to do exact moves using snapping.
Unfortunately AutoCAD seems to only ever display one grip at one position; It only calls GripViewportDraw once.
Is there some way to make it display all grips or some workaround that tells AutoCAD they are different?

TIA,

Wolfram Kuss,

imos AG.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: WolframKuss12

Have you perhaps unwittingly set the GripFlags::kSkipWhenShared flag? Otherwise I think coincident grips should work fine. You might also look into AcDbGripData::alternateBasePoint() so that you can specify the drag base point independent of the grip location.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
WolframKuss12
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thank you for your ideas.

Regardless of whether I set "kSkipWhenShared" or not, the first of our grip draws and the other of our grips (belonging to another entity BTW) does not.

alternateBasePoint() sounds like a workaround that would work, but would probably be (almost) as confusing to the customer as the current situation. I will speak to my boss about it.

Message 4 of 4
WolframKuss12
in reply to: owenwengerd

Doh! I missunderstood kSkipWhenShared at first and set it for all grips or none of the grips.

But of course the idea is to set it for the low priority grips and not for the high priority grips. Then ony the high priority grips will be visible. That is a good solution, thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost