Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding closed polylines using acutbuildlist and acadssget

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
260 Views, 1 Reply

Finding closed polylines using acutbuildlist and acadssget

I have figured out how to use the basics of the acutbuildlist command based on the documentation and online examples. What I am having trouble finding is anything beyond getting a simple object. What I want to do is get get all of the closed polylines. I can get all polylines and then iterate through them testing whether they are closed or not, but I think this is inefficient.

Along the same lines, is there a reference somewhere that explains all of the codes and what they are used for? Like the code for the radius of a circle is 60. Why? Where is that defined? Is 60 used for anything else?

I've looked in the ObjectARX reference and is says that you need to use valid Drawing Interchange Format (DXF) group codes, but doesn't say what they are or where to find them.

Details, man! I need details!

I should also say that if this isn't a good way to get different object types in the drawing, then let me know what would be better...

Thanks!

- Matt
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You young whipper-snappers... There is a DXF reference included in the documentation and it should have everything you need to know. If you can't find it, then here is the URL to get a pdf version.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12272454&linkID=10809853

Where did you get the idea that the radius of a circle was code 60? Everyone knows that it's 40!

Keep learning, grasshopper.

(I hate answering my own questions...)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost