Did you mean: 

Error in AcSbModeMacro - Error using ObjectArx 2015 with Map3D 2015

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
autogis
841 Views, 9 Replies

Error in AcSbModeMacro - Error using ObjectArx 2015 with Map3D 2015

I am using MAP3D 2015.  I loaded up ObjectArx, added the references to AcCoreMgd, AcDbMgd and AcMdg.  I am getting the following error when debugging starts:BuggyMap3D.png

Anyone ran into this yet?  If so, what did you do to solve this issue?  Thanks Before Hand.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
owenwengerd
in reply to: autogis

This is a technical forum, so you should use precise technical language when describing your problem. What exactly do you mean by "I loaded up ObjectArx"? What is the code that generated the exception?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 10
autogis
in reply to: owenwengerd

There is NO CODE that gets loaded yet.  The error is before any code is executed. It is while the autocad process is loading and getting ready to start debugging from Visual Studio.  (Starting external program...c:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe) I provided details that the error is coming from the Status Bar.

Message 4 of 10
owenwengerd

Are you using the native code or managed code debugger?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 10
autogis
in reply to: owenwengerd

I have tried both with "Enable native code debugging" checked and unchecked.  Also I am in the following environment:

- Visual Studio Ultimate 2013

- Autocad Map 3D Version J. 104.0.0, SP2

Message 6 of 10
owenwengerd

In that case you must be using the managed code debugger. This group is primarily for discussing ObjectARX (native C++), so you may have better luck in the .NET forum, or if the problem is Civile 3D specific, in the Civile 3D forum.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 7 of 10
moogalm

Hi there

Please double check all AutoCAD references are set to copy local false. This means the folder where your DLL is places must not contain any AutoCAD DLL.

Message 8 of 10
autogis
in reply to: moogalm

They are all set to Copy Local = False

Message 9 of 10
moogalm

Hi ,

Is this behaviour reproducible on AutoCAD vanilla ? , and also please share a sample project which can demonstrates the behavior.

Thanks,

Message 10 of 10
autogis
in reply to: moogalm

My oversight.  Problem Solved!  I had local copies of AcCoreMgd.dll, AcDbMgd.dll and AcMgd.dll in the bin folder.  So even though I had set copy local to false, they had already been copied there.  Removing them solved the problem.  Thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost