Did you mean: 

Custom Entity, help me

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
quanghung1020
521 Views, 5 Replies

Custom Entity, help me

Sorry my english is not best!

I have a question. I want to generate a my custom entity class in ObjectDBX, which inherit AcDb Entity, either polyline or spline. That is, in the Autocad, with my Custom Entity class i can daw my custom polyline or spline. Please tell me how to do that?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: quanghung1020

Hello,

You may install ObjectARX Wizard and then use it to create this custom entity.

I have attached a screenshot outlining the steps to get you started.

Cheers,

Balaji

Developer Technical Services

Balaji
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 6
quanghung1020
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

thank you so much!!! I'm sorry, How to my custom entity class inherits both Polyline, Spline and Text

Message 4 of 6
artc2

Custom objects/entities cannot inherit from multiple other classes in the ARX runtime tree. The reason is that the ARX runtime tree implementation cannot deal with multiple inheritance within the tree.

So, your custom entity can derive from AcDbPolyline, AcDbSpline, or AcDbText, but not all three (or even two) at the same time.

If you really need to the data and/or functionality of all three, then perhaps you could embed one of each of those three entity types within your custom entity and then implement methods on your custom entity that call through to the embedded entities' methods.

Embedding entities does require some special handling for dxf filing.  There is a section about this in the ObjectARX Developer's Guide.

Message 5 of 6

Thank you for all reply so much! I'm a VietNamess, I'm learning ObjectARX, I hope to receive more help from you. Happy to be acquainted with all of you, my yahoo nickname's mcx_bkhn

Message 6 of 6
Balaji_Ram

Hi !

Happy to know you too Smiley Happy

Good luck with your ObjectARX learning and feel free post your doubts in this forum.

Balaji
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost