Convert dwg to pdf

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clearyang1
1130 Views, 2 Replies

Convert dwg to pdf

Hi experts,
Here is my problem and I need help:
there are a few engineers who will submit dwg files in our website; at the backend, there will be a program(the one I need to write) to handle that file and convert it to pdf and save it on the hard drive. The whole process is automatically done, therefore we can't manually run the autocad application, but we don't mind to run it once and leave it there running all the time if necessary.
As my boss only allows to use autodesk products and tools (we have autocad 2010 licence), so third party software can not be used at this stage. I realized there are a few 3rd party tools like autodwg can do the job through a command line invocation, but we prefer to use autodesk tools. I'm looking at the ObjectARX .net library, does anyone know if this can achieve what we wanted and how. Or is there a better solution? Thanks in advance. Edited by: clearyang1 on Jul 30, 2009 10:15 PM
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jiff2008
in reply to: clearyang1

a perfect solution, using the 3rd party component, try this:

http://www.autodwg.com/dwg2pdf/dwg2pdf-x.htm
Message 3 of 3
PrashantSL
in reply to: clearyang1

Hi clearyang1,

Command "exportPDF" can be useful...I too don't have much details about it and looking out for some ObjectARX API for publishing drawing as PDF.
If you have any information please share...

Regards,
-Prashant

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost