Did you mean: 

compiling c++ DLL's for ACAD2015

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
XXL1966
819 Views, 12 Replies

compiling c++ DLL's for ACAD2015

From the autodesk dev blog

"Requirements for ObjectARX (native C++) developers are a little more stringent. Because an OjectARX plug-in is a C++ DLL, it has to be compiled using the same Visual C++ compiler version as AutoCAD itself. This means that you must build your ObjectARX plug-ins using the C++ compiler that ships with Visual Studio 2012 (update 4). If you have Visual Studio 2013 installed as well, then you can use that IDE - but you must still install Visual Studio 2012 (update 4) and target the correct C++ compiler using the Platform Toolset feature"

I bought a MSVC pro 2010 in 2012, now i want to buy an upgrade from MSVC 2010 to MSVC 2012 to compile for ACAD2015. However i'm unable to buy a 2012 version upgrade, only MSVC 2013 is available. I contacted M Store, Technet, Microsoft Resellers, they send me from the closet to the wall and back, apparently you cannot buy a MSVC2012 anymore !

So I guess i have to restrict my app's support for BricsCAD only then...  ?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
owenwengerd
in reply to: XXL1966

Did you see Stephen Preston's post on this topic?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 13
XXL1966

oops didn't read that,

but buying a MSVC pro 2012 on Ebay, how do i know i'm not getting scr..... ?

"Customers customer can buy VS Pro with MSDN on Open Licensing (not a Volume licensing program but provides some discounts) for approx. $900/yr"

what is "Open Licensing" ? where to find, i'm from EU btw.

thx

Message 4 of 13
nick83
in reply to: owenwengerd

Customers can acquire VS Pro 2012 box copy from sites like eBay

:):):) the most realistic words from that post (joke)

in ukraine, there is unpossible to buy C5E-00876 any more. year license is the most useless thing in the world 🙂 and boxes are no longer available.

thx autodesk for a new headache.

Message 5 of 13
XXL1966
in reply to: nick83

this is not funny, seriously, i'm considering to quit with ACAD.

Message 6 of 13
owenwengerd

I thought that reference to Open Licensing seems a bit odd, with no mention about MSDN. I have a "Microsoft Visual Studio Professional with MSDN" subscription that includes downloads and license keys for all versions of Visual Studio, plus most other Microsoft software. At USD 900 per year, that is not unreasonable, and may be a better way to get VS 2012 licenses.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 7 of 13
XXL1966

http://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/products/how-to-buy-vs

but adesk and MS always convert $ to € the wrong way, for EU it seems to be 1.283 , - € for a VS pro with MSDN subscription...

they also refer to retail sellers like amazon and i can find them indeed:

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Visual-Studio-Pro-2012/dp/B008RW3XIO/ref=sr_1_2?s=software&ie=UTF8&q...

but are these legal licences for me to use in the EU ?

ty

Message 8 of 13
owenwengerd

I think those VS 2012 licenses are probably legal. I would be sure to pay with a credit card so you can be guaranteed to get your money back in case you receive a pirated license. I recall a similar situation when people needed VC7 for AutoCAD 2004, but only VC 7.1 was available. At that time, I know of many people who purchased legal licenses from Ebay (and a few that ended up with pirated licenses that they had to return). In the previous case, after pressure from Autodesk and AutoCAD developers, Microsoft eventually came out with a policy whereby legal VC 7.1 owners could also download and install VC 7. Hopefully they do the same this time.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 9 of 13
XXL1966

thx Owen, unfortunally i'm unable to buy from Amazon because they don't ship the product to my adress.

This is great, i have subscription contracts running with my customers and can't offer a ACAD2015 version.

Message 10 of 13
owenwengerd

With such a requirement, I think you should be on an MSDN w/ Visual Studio Pro subscription. Nevertheless, if you want to farm out your AutoCAD 2015 ports, email me to discuss.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 11 of 13
XXL1966

but if i go for the MSVC subscription will i be able to install previous versions you think ?

Message 12 of 13
owenwengerd

@XXL1966 wrote:

but if i go for the MSVC subscription will i be able to install previous versions you think ?

MSDN, not MSVC, but yes.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 13 of 13
XXL1966

ok, thx !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost