commandEnded-like notification for COPY subcommands

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
785 Views, 2 Replies

commandEnded-like notification for COPY subcommands

Hello!

I have a collection of non-custom entities in the drawing that make up related, logical entities. The users can modify, copy and delete the entities, which have object reactors attached to them.

The actual response to user actions takes place inside the editor reactors commandEnded, partly for efficiency, but also out of necessity. For example, the users can select and copy many different kinds of entities and when the command ends, I have a big picture of what entities were copied, what matching logical entities need to be copied and how the drawing needs updating.

So far everything works great, but there is a usability issue - when a user creates multiple copies of the same entity, then updating the drawing only takes place after the user finshes the copy command, as that is when commandEnded fires.

I was wondering if there is an elegant way of being notified every time the user has made another set of copies from the selected entities while the COPY command is active? Unless I'm missing something very obvious, responding to the object reactor's notifications woudl be an option, but then I would need to keep a track of how many objects the user has selected to copy and when they have been copied.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: Anonymous

It is look like you have to investigate:

AcEditorReactor::beginDeepClone
AcEditorReactor::endDeepClone

Try to use command ARXDBGREACTORS (from ARXDBG sample) for this purpose.

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thank you! These two notifications seem to work just like needed.

In case this helps anyone else, when you select multiple entities and use the COPY command to create multiple copies, then for each set of copies, while the command is still active, you receive:

a single AcEditorReactor::beginDeepClone notification

followed by multiple AcDbObjectReactor::copied notifications

and finally a single AcEditorReactor::endDeepClone notification.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost