COMException(0x8004001F3): Problem in loading application

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
VirtualgeoID
898 Views, 6 Replies

COMException(0x8004001F3): Problem in loading application

Hi,

I'm recompiling for AutoCAD 2013/2014 a solution that works fine with AutoCAD 2012, composed of some ARX projects, one DBX project and one c#.NET project.

The c#.NET project implements an UI and contains a COM wrapper client that requires to "connect" to a ObjectARX project that is the COM wrapper server.

That ARX project contains a rgs file like this:

HKCR
{
   ArxName.AppComWr.2 = s 'AppComWrp Class'
   {
      CLSID = s '{7888DE6F-6301-481c-9C97-1F34F018BE22}'
   }
   ArxName.AppComWrp = s 'AppComWrp Class'
   {
      CLSID = s '{7888DE6F-6301-481c-9C97-1F34F018BE22}'
      CurVer = s 'ArxName.AppComWr.2'
   }
   NoRemove CLSID
   {
      ForceRemove {7888DE6F-6301-481c-9C97-1F34F018BE22} = s 'AppComWrp Class'
      {
         ProgID = s 'ArxName.AppComWr.2'
         VersionIndependentProgID = s 'ArxName.AppComWrp'
         ForceRemove 'Programmable'
         InprocServer32 = s '%MODULE%'
         {
            val ThreadingModel = s 'Apartment'
         }
         val AppID = s '%APPID%'
         'TypeLib' = s '{51526A5B-9E7F-41C6-A7EB-879F72721236}'
     }
   }
}

All compiles ok and can be loaded in AutoCAD. To do so I follow this steps:
1. compiled all the ARX projects and the DBX project.
2. I used "tlbimp ArxName.tlb /machine:64 /keyfile:NetName.snk /reference:Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.Dll" to create the ArxNameLib.dll
3. I used "tlbimp DbxName.tlb /machine:64 /keyfile:NetName.snk /reference:Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.Dll" to create the DbxNameLib.dll
4. used the two generated interop files in the NET project (like references), compiled it and generated the NetName.dll
5. registered the NetName.dll with: RegAsm.exe NetName.dll /codebase

The c#.NET project tries to initialize COM wrapper client with:

IAcadApplication iAcadApp =disp as IAcadApplication;
object cawrp =iAcadApp.GetInterfaceObject(_appComWrpProgId);

where _appComWrpProgId = "ArxName.AppComWr.2", a string that represents the ProgID of the COM wrapper server defined in rsg file described above.

The problem is that GetInterfaceObject generate the exception:

System.Runtme.InteropServices.COMException(0x8004001F3): Problem in loading application

It seems that the COM server isn't registered but I don't know what is the correct procedure to register it (and I didn't find clear information about it on the web).
I tried to use C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32.exe to register the ArxName.arx, but it returns error "Can't find specified module" (translated from italian).

All suggestions are welcomed.
Thank you.
Regards,
Tiziano

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
owenwengerd
in reply to: VirtualgeoID

You could register your server by adding the needed registry values directly, but the error does not look to me like a registration issue. I think it's likely that the problem is due to a missing (at least, not in the Windows search path) dependent DLL or one with the wrong architecture.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 7
VirtualgeoID
in reply to: owenwengerd

Hi Owen,

I'm compiling at 64bit and I observed with Dependency Walker that Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll and Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.dll are both 86bit dll also if taken from ObjectARX 2014\inc-x64. Can it be a problem?

Thank you and best regards
Tiziano De Gottardo

Virtualgeo srl

Message 4 of 7
owenwengerd

Assuming you're testing on a properly installed 64-bit AutoCAD, I don't think you need to worry about the AutoCAD managed assemblies at runtime, although I'm curious what lead you to conclude that the assemblies in the inc-x64 folder are "86bit" (I guess you meant "x86"). In any case, a tool like Process Monitor may help pinpoint the reason for the failure.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 7
VirtualgeoID
in reply to: owenwengerd

Hi,

thank you Owen for your help. Sorry for the inattention, you guess correctly, I meant 32 bit (x86). I will take a look with Process Monitor to fix error.

Regards

Tiziano De Gottardo

Virtualgeo srl

Message 6 of 7
VirtualgeoID

Hi,

I solved the problem, the COM registration was not complete; adding it  by hand the software works correctly.

Regards

Tiziano De Gottardo

Virtualgeo srl

Message 7 of 7

Hi

Can you be more elaborate on how you solved this problem

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost