Did you mean: 

can't buld FACT.CPP

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
wkiernan
415 Views, 2 Replies

can't buld FACT.CPP

In the attempt to start with the simplest of the sample programs, I am trying to build FACT.CPP from the samples in the ObjectARX 2012 SDK.  I am using Visual Studio 2008 Standard.  Of course I am failing completely.  Has anyone ever gotten this thing to compile for ObjectARX 2012?  If not, why was it shipped as a part of the SDK?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
owenwengerd
in reply to: wkiernan

Try using the ObjectARX 2011 SDK instead, as it has a ready made VS 2008 project file that you can use. The one in the ObjectARX 2012 SDK comes with a VS 2010 project file that won't open in VS 2008.
--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 3
wkiernan
in reply to: owenwengerd

Thanks a bunch, when I loaded the .vcproj file from the 2011 SDK, it compiled first-time in both the 32-bit configuration (which I can't test, as my copy of AutoCAD 2012 is 64-bit) and 64-bit configuration (which loads and runs in AutoCAD).  As the .vcproj file from the 2012 SDK wouldn't load in VS2008, I was trying to manually configure a new blank VS2008 project, but I couldn't figure out how to make it work.  Now that I have a working project, I can compare its settings with the settings in my new project and maybe figure what I did wrong.  I sure appreciate your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost