Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can someone give me a XData example ?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1255 Views, 3 Replies

Can someone give me a XData example ?

I am learning XData, and there is several things i do not understand about it. The help file is not much of a help, so can someone please give me an example to create a simple (string/integer type) Xdata, that would be a big help

Or at the very least, please tell me how to check if a XData is working or not. Right now, i got some code without bug, but I do not know this is because i got the code right or simply forgot to add some critical line.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
artc2
in reply to: Anonymous

The ObjectARX SDK has a sample specifically for XData, and parts of that sample are in the Developer's Guide.

The sample is located in samples\database\xdata_dg.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: artc2

This example seem to be written for VS 2003 , so when i try to build it with VS2005 or VS2008, it got an error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc70.lib'. And since I can not downgrade my VS any further, so testing is not possible now.
Beside, this example create a Xdata with both CString variable. Is it possible to add 1 integer variable into the same XData ?

Thanks in advance !

Message 4 of 4
artc2
in reply to: Anonymous

Which ObjectARX SDK version do you have?  I'm using what will be the 2013 ObjectARX SDK and when I build the xdata sample using VS 2010, I don't get any errors and I don't have an mfc70.lib on my machine.

Sure you can add an integer as well as a string.  I haven't tested this, but something like it should work.  The lines up to the assert(err == 0); are from the sample.  I just added the three lines at the end.:

// Add user-specified string to the xdata.
    //
    pTemp->rbnext = acutNewRb(AcDb::kDxfXdAsciiString);
    pTemp = pTemp->rbnext;
    const size_t nSize = _tcslen(resString) + 1;
    pTemp->resval.rstring
        = (TCHAR*) malloc(nSize * sizeof(TCHAR));
    errno_t err = _tcscpy_s(pTemp->resval.rstring, nSize, resString);
    assert(err == 0);

pTemp->rbnext = acutNewRb(AcDb::kDxfXdInteger32);
    pTemp = pTemp->rbnext;
    pTemp->resval.rlong = 146; // or whatever 32-bit int value you want

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost