ObjectARX

ObjectARX

scott.edsell
Message 1 of 3 (317 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can not get arx file to autoload in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013

317 Views, 2 Replies
12-31-2012 08:11 AM

We have a small arx program that adds a bunch of commands to AutoCAD.  I have recompiled the program using VS 2010, and the program works fine when loaded using appload (the commands register and work).  Now I am trying to autoload the program by adding registry entries in HKLM\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B005:409\Applications.  I am using 0x00000002 for LOADCTRLS.  On AutoCAD startup, none of the commands are registered.  When I check in the loaded applications list (appload), it shows that the program is loaded, but it is grayed out.  I dont see any errors in the Autocad message window on startup.  Any ideas on what could be wrong?

Distinguished Mentor
owenwengerd
Message 2 of 3 (319 Views)

Re: Can not get arx file to autoload in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013

12-31-2012 08:18 AM in reply to: scott.edsell

Does the (arx) function show that your ARX module is loaded? Have you checked the debugger output while the module loads?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
scott.edsell
Message 3 of 3 (307 Views)

Re: Can not get arx file to autoload in AutoCAD Mechanical 2013

12-31-2012 08:59 AM in reply to: owenwengerd

Thanks that lead to the solution.  The arx function showed that the arx program was loaded, but the group wasn't.  I looked at the code and there was a section in AcRx::kInitAppMsg: where the comands would only be registered if the window was visible (if (::IsWindowVisible(adsw_acadMainWnd())){).  For some reason this returns false in AutoCAD 2013.  I commented this check out, and now it works.  Now I just have to figure out why this check was added :-)

Thanks!

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.