ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can any one give me an examle of Jig effect like CAD's command "move"?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
1671 Views, 9 Replies

can any one give me an examle of Jig effect like CAD's command "move"?

I want to construct an class  derive from "AcedJig"  to implement some function like Acad's command "move" .  I want to move some entitys(not one), and I don't want to use "acedcomand(rtstr,"move",rtpicks,.....)". 

Technology change world! Coding change technology! We coders are coding!
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
norman.yuan
in reply to: 421232206

Well, I do not write code in C++, but I did a couple of posts on doing one's own "MOVE" command in ObjectARX .NET API, if it could be any help to you:

http://drive-cad-with-code.blogspot.ca/2011/01/creating-move-command-with-net-api.html

http://drive-cad-with-code.blogspot.ca/2011/01/creating-move-command-with-net-api-take.html

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
in reply to: norman.yuan

can any one give me some code of C++?

Message 4 of 10
norman.yuan

Have you downloaded ObjectARX SDK (you must have if you are doing C++ with ObjectARX)?

In the folder "...Samples\database\elipsjig_dg" is the sample code of doing jig to draw an ellipse.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 5 of 10
in reply to: norman.yuan

thanks for your advice.  I have been studied the example. but there are a lot of difference between drawing an entity and moving entities, especialy when the entities moved by you contain AcdbBlockReference.

I have written an class derived from AcedJig.  it can move entities without AcdbBlockReference well. but not with AcdbBlockReference.

Message 6 of 10
StephenPreston

Perhaps if you explained exactly what you were trying to achieve and what the problem is you're experiencing, then someone would be able to give you the answer you're looking for. Without more information, the best I can do is point you to this old (.NET) post on Kean walmsley's blog :

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/05/using_a_jig_fro.html in inserting blocks using a jig.

Cheers,

Stephen Preston
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 7 of 10
in reply to: StephenPreston

in the example below I uploaded, there are two commands, jig_pl, jig_insert.

the first command is about drawing an AcdbPolyline simulating Acad's pl command, the question is in the DoIt() or the Sample(), I am unable to get mouse event,  eg, the mouse's right click means ending the command, and this is quite Convenient for the users, and in my code ,I have to use keyword "E"。 

the second command jig_insert,  I want to simulate CAD's command "move" ,"rotate","scale" ,and combine them together, the reason why I don't use the command directly in my code,  is "Interact with the user".  

the problem is if you select line,polyline, it works well. but if the entities you select contains AcdbBlockference (there is a dwg in the source code directory) , you can try the command . if you select only one AcdbBlockrefernce, no problem. if you select an AcdbBlockrefernce and other entities like polyine、circle,  it worked strangely.

the code has been compile under VC8.0 , Windows XP, VS2005,  AutoCAD2008.

Message 8 of 10
Balaji_Ram

Hello,

For terminating the jigging on right click of the mouse, you can use the "acedRegisterFilterWinMsg" to setup a message handler and then handle the "WM_RBUTTONUP" to cancel the jigging. This will have the same effect as the "E" option that you are currently using. I have attached the .h and .cpp file with the changes, but not much testing and error checking have gone into it. It is only to demonstrate the method.

Regarding your other query, can you please explain what you mean by "strange behavior" when a block reference is involved ? I have attached a video showing what I see after I tried the "jig_insert" command. It seems ok to me.I have used AutoCAD 2011 for trying this out, not sure if that really matters.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 9 of 10
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

thanks a lot, I will study the code you changed.   "strange behavior" happened on my compute, CAD 2008(it means the shape and base point of the AcdbBlockrefernce changes randomly, and you have to use "regen" command , and usually,it not works), I would compile my code in VC9 to test it on CAD 2011. 

Message 10 of 10
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

I have tested the code, the Mouse Right Click works well on CAD 2008.  and just as you said ,the jig_insert worked well on CAD 2011, I tested the code on CAD2010, it also works well.  the problem should be on CAD2008. we will consider upgrate our platfrom from 2008 to 2010.

thanks a lot for your kind and great help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost