Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.beginner.net.question acadx.sample.autocadconnector

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
174 Views, 0 Replies

.beginner.net.question acadx.sample.autocadconnector

Since there's no .net group I hope this is the right place to ask... I've been reading and trying the samples at acadx.com, Thanks, Frank... I got the interopassemblydll dealybopper and then tried the autocadconnector thingamajig. Using the code as posted does start a console window, then acad, then shuts down acad as apparently intended in the sample. I tried to extend the sample by opening an existing dwg and cant' seem to figure it out. here's what I tried: using System; using AcadConnect;///(my name for AcadExample in the sample) using AutoCAD; namespace ConsoleApplication1 { class Class1 { [STAThread] static void Main(string[] args) { using (AutoCADConnector connector = new AutoCADConnector()) { Console.WriteLine(connector.Application.ActiveDocument.Name); ///tried this first ///connector.Application.Open ("C:\\0\\0dwgs\\church\\church.dwg"); ///but got error "no Open method in Application object, use .Documents.Open instead" ///so i tried this: ///connector.Application.Documents.Add ("C:\\0\\0dwgs\\church\\church.dwg"); ///and also tried this: ///connector.Application.Documents.Open ("C:\\0\\0dwgs\\church\\church.dwg"); ///and got error "no Documents property in Application"...or something like that ///intellisense sees a Documents property but it won't run ///and since the connector.Application has an .Application object I tried that too ///connector.Application.Application.Documents.Open ("C:\\0\\0dwgs\\church\\church.dwg"); /// but still get the 'No documents' error... } Console.ReadLine(); } } } Also I'm a bit confused about what I should be trying to learn here. If Autocad doesn't support .Net should I be going with c++ and ObjectArx? But I've seen mention of using .Net with com wrappers (which I only fuzzily understand the idea of). I've seen several people saying they love .Net but how to go about getting hold of an instance of Acad, opening or creating a specific drawing, and adding or manipulating native acad objects???
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost