Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015: osnap options settings dialogue unaccessible during acedGetPoint

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mutschler_at_akgsoftware_de
496 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2015: osnap options settings dialogue unaccessible during acedGetPoint

Hello AutoCAD support team (I suspect nobody else will have explanation/solution for the problem descibed)
I am experiencing a change in behaviour of AutoCAD that came along with the 2015 version when I'm prompting the user to select an arbitrary position (coordinates) via the acedGetPoint() function.

While this function is running, in it is no longer possible to select the settings dialogue from the oSnap options menu. Instead, "invalid point" (something like this - I'm translating back from german) is returned & added at the beginning my prompt text, acedGetPoint() keeps running (as it should -and alway did- after the user closed the settings dialogue which now fails to pop up). It IS possible to select/deselect the options shown above this menu item.

Correspondingly, i observe this:

All the while my app is loaded, I'm hooked to the the windows message handling through a MouseHook procedure, in which I'm listenig to mouse button events. Therein I receive an WM_LBUTTONDOWN notification when clicking the "selection" menu item - not the option items. (I do not consume this, but leave it to be treated by any app hooked on this event further down the line). This also was not the case in AutoCAD versions prior to 2015.

Off course i'd not like to urge the user to cancel the selection, do the settings changes and then begin again (he did not have to so before).

Q: Can I somehow recognize the user's intention (maybe that the options menu ist open at the moment I'm receiving the LBUTTONDOWN window message) and urge the dialogue to pop up myself?

p.s. Same applies to the cartesian and polar snap settings, and workspace settings (but not to "save as.." in the workspace options menu.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

This is likely a bug. Please report it to Autodesk to ensure they know aout it.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 3

Thanks, Owen

Autodesk Customer Support contacted me for further information...

Greetings, Hubert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost