Autocad 2006, objectarx and Visual C++ express

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tallano
700 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2006, objectarx and Visual C++ express

Hi everyone,

So far, I am developing for autocad 2012 using objectarx and VC++ Express edition without problem.

Now I need to develop for Autocad 2006 with ObjectArx, using VC Express edition. I don't need MFC.

I couldn't make it work with VC express 2008, I am currently giving it a try with VC express 2005.

So far:

- I installed and updated to SP1 VC Express 2005

- I installed ObjectArx 2006

- I Installed Objectarx wizard 2009: I couldn't install the 2006 one: had the error described in This topic

It works thanks to this post: http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2006/07/getting_the_obj.html

I create a basic objectarx project in VC (no MFC, no COM), set the correct paths (include and lib in my project settings), and when I try to compile, I get the error C4430, same as here

I can't find any solution despite my searches, is it really possible to develop objectarx for autocad 2006 with an express VS?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alexander.Rivilis
in reply to: tallano

@tallano wrote:
...I can't find any solution despite my searches, is it really possible to develop objectarx for autocad 2006 with an express VS?...

From ObjectARX 2006 SDK Documentation:

..AutoCAD 2006 supports both managed (.NET) applications and unmanaged ObjectARX applications. For managed applications, any development environment that builds applications for the .NET framework is acceptable. For unmanaged applications, the Microsoft Development Environment 2002, Version 7.0, is required.

Because ObjectARX libraries are built with the 7.0 versions of Microsoft's MFC and C-runtime libraries, unmanaged ObjectARX applications built with the 7.1 libraries of Microsoftl Studio .NET 2003 (code-named "Everett") may experience memory-allocation conflicts.

When AutoCAD 2006 attempts to load an application that uses incompatible runtime libraries, it posts a dialog box that lets the user choose whether to allow such applications to be loaded. This behavior applies to unmanaged applications built with Microsoft Visual Studio 6, as well as those built with Everett.

Developers who use the Everett environment for unmanaged ObjectARX development do so without warranty and at their own risk...

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 3
tallano
in reply to: tallano

Ok thanks!

Good thing VC 2002 can be bought for cheap nowadays!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost