2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
567 Views, 2 Replies

Assign layer transparency to entities of custom object

Hi,

Our software is based on AutoCAD 2013.
It allow user to create custom objects which are made up of small elements like box, cylinder, circle, line etc.

User can specify different layer for each of such sub element in the custom object.

Software assign color to sub entities as per layer of each sub component by calling -: subEntityTraits().SetColor.
i.e. Custom object is made up of box & cylinder. If box is on layer “A”, then it will have color of “A”. If cylinder is on layer “B” then it will have color of “B”.
Here on / off state of layer "A" / "B" affects correctly visibility of sub entities (box / cylinder) on respective layer.

Is there any other way to apply layer transparency to sub elements of custom object (similar to color).
As per ObjectARX 2013 - "AcGiSubEntityTraits” has method “setTransparency” but it is documented that this method is “For future use and currently has no effect.”

Any help "to assign layer transparency to sub entities (on that layer) of custom object" is highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot!

with regards
ND.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
owenwengerd
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried AcGiSubEntityTraits::setTransparency()? I would not trust the documentation.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks a lot for your hint.

I tried "AcGiSubEntityTraits :: setTransparency” and it worked properly.

Only thing is  - after I change the layer transparency to reflect it on sub entities transparency, I need to regenerate the view.

Thanks and regards

ND.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost