Did you mean: 

ARX Wizard 2013 won't load into VC2010

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
EMD1954
4133 Views, 22 Replies

ARX Wizard 2013 won't load into VC2010

I downloaded the 2013 wizard and documentation, I ran the installation and it tells me it was successful.  Then I go to VC2010 and there exists a toolbar called "ObjectARX AddIn" but it has no buttons.  When I go to "Add or Remove Buttons -> Customize", the  "ObjectARX AddIn" Toolbar is there but the only think that shows up under "AddIn" is Visual Teefy.

I unloaded the wizard and reinstalled it but I'm having the same problem.

How did I lose the buttons and how do I get them back?

Thanks,

Ed

22 REPLIES 22
Message 2 of 23
owenwengerd
in reply to: EMD1954

Which flavor and language version of VS 2010 are you using? Are you starting VS 2010 with any command line arguments?

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 23
EMD1954

This is the target in my shortcut:  "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\Common7\IDE\devenv.exe"

VC++

I had the Wizard for 2012 up and running.  I unloaded it and then loaded the one for 2013 and that's when the buttons disappeared.

Since my last post, I unloaded and reloaded both VS2010 including SP1 and all of the windows updates (working on XP Pro) and the Wizard.  Didn't make any difference.  I still see the toolbar but there are no buttons.  I thought maybe a restart would help but no luck.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 4 of 23
owenwengerd

It's possible that the wizard doesn't work properly in XP (I've only used it in Windows 7). You didn't answer my first question.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 23
Alexander.Rivilis

Uninstall ObjectARX Wizard 2012, install ObjectARX Wizard 2013 and then you can install ObjectARX Wizard 2012.

ObjectARX Wizard has not "Command Wizard", "Class Explorer", etc. It has only "Add Project Wizard" and "Add Class Wizard".

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 6 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: owenwengerd

Microsoft Visual Studion 2010 Professional, Visual C++, English.  See next post.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 7 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Here's what I did.  FYI, Wiz2012 was already uninstalled:

1. Restart the computer
  2. Unload Wiz 2013
  3. Install Wiz 2012 -> successful
  4. Open VS2010 (wait 1.5 minutes) - Wizard 12 shows up with all buttons.
  5. Exit VS2010
  6. Install Wiz2013 -> successful
  7. Open VS2010 (wait 1.5 minutes) - Wizard "about" says 2012.  2013 didn't load into VS2010.
  8. Give up and be greatful that I have something rather than nothing?

Sorry for the rant.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 8 of 23
Alexander.Rivilis

You do not understand me. Try the following sequence:
1. Uninstall both Wizards
2. Install ObjectARX Wizard 2013
3. Start and stop VS 2010
4. Install ObjectARX Wizard 2012
5. Start VS 2010
After these manipulations, I have both Wizard Wizard 2012 and 2013 and all those buttons work.

Note! ObjectARX Wizard 2013 has no buttons at all! Notice that the installation ObjectARX Wizard 2013 size only 264Kb, and the ObjectARX Wizard 2012 was 3903Kb (in 15 times more)

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Expert Elite Member

Message 9 of 23
EMD1954

I apologize.  You're correct, I did not understand your first post.

I followed your steps and I have the 2012 Wizard working fine - but 2013 still does not show up anywhere.  I am getting new computers next week with Windows 7 and maybe I'll have more luck.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 10 of 23
owenwengerd

What exactly do you mean by "does not show up anywhere"? Alexander explained that the 2013 wizard doesn't display any buttons, so I think you need to be more clear about what you're expecting to see.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 11 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: owenwengerd

I'm sorry for being so thick about this.

I followed Alexander's last suggested sequence.  I now have a toolbar for the Wizard 2012.  The "ObjectARX Commands" button works fine.  The "Autodesk Class Explorer" button works fine and shows everything properly.  But when I right click on the project node, although the "Add an ObjectARX MFC Ext. Class..." loads the usual dialog, the "Dialog ID:" box doesn't work - it looks strange (see attached).

I guess what I meant by "doesn't show up anywhere" is that I really don't know what I'm expecting to see with the 2013 Wizard.  If there are no buttons, how do I "Add an ObjectARX MFC Ext. Class..." with the 2013 wizard?

ThanksDialog ID Problem.jpg

Message 12 of 23
Alexander.Rivilis

I think that this question need to be asked the author ObjectARX Wizard: Cyrille Fauvel
e-mail: oarxwiz-feedback@autodesk.com (as shown on about page of ObjectARX Wizard)

Expert Elite Member

Message 13 of 23
EMD1954

As an aside, when I opened VS2008, I saw that the 2012 Wizard also installed itself there - and doesn't work.  I have to uninstall the 2012 Wizard and reinstall the 2010 Wizard to get VS2008 to work properly.

There must be a way that I can have both on the same machine?

Message 14 of 23
igorg1234

@ EMD1954,

Try this procedure:

1. Install wizard2012,

2. go to instalation folder "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2012 Wizards"

3. Copy "ArxAddInWiz2010" folder to "Desktop" 

4. Unistall   wizard2012

5. Install wizard2013

6. copy   "ArxAddInWiz2010" folder from Desktop to  instalation folder "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2013 Wizards"

7. open VS2010

8. goto: Tools->Options->Envitoment->Add-In/Mactos Security

9. Click on Add Button and select "ArxAddInWiz2010" folder which is located " "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2013 Wizards""

10. Restart VS2010.

This worked for me.

Message 15 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: igorg1234

I followed your procedure but without success.  Screen03.bmp shows the error message.

I then uninstalled Wizard 2013 and although the "add a command" button worked, the "add an ARC-MFC class" gave me the same problem with the "Dialog ID:" list/combo box still isn't working and looks like what I posted a few days ago.

Please look at Order of Software Installation? in this forum because maybe you went through some of this as well.

Thanks,

Ed

Message 16 of 23
igorg1234

I have no any other idea how to solve this issue.

Hope someone else will share any usefull procedure how to overcome this incompatibility.

Message 17 of 23
cyrille.fauvel

Hi

there is 2 things to notice about the 2013 verison:

First, all wizards are now either Application Wizards or Class Wizards. I.e. File->New Project or Project->Add Class

Second, there is no more ARX AddIn Toolbar - the 2 left over functionality we had in the 2012 version aren't anymore truely useful as there is 3rd party tools which do a better work. Instead, we removed the toolbar and documented the command macro in code and in the ObjectARX Help. Generate a new project and you'll see the comments and command code.

About the issue with the MFC dialog, this is a bug. It seems the classID in the HTML file wasn’t updated for the VS2010 version. To solve the problem:

Go in ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2013 Wizards\ArxWizMFCSupport\HTML\1033’

Rename default.htm to default2008.htm and rename default2010.htm to default.htm that should be it.

Cheers

cyrille

Message 18 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: cyrille.fauvel

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I unloaded the 2012 Wizard. Opened and closed VS2010. Unloaded the 2013 Wizard.  Opened and closed VS2010. Installed the 2013 Wizard and followed your steps to rename the files in "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\ObjectARX 2013 Wizards\ArxWizMFCSupport\HTML\1033’ default.htm to default2008.htm and default2010.htm to default.htm.

I now have the 2013 Wizard working perfectly and clearly, there's no benefit to loading the 2012 Wizard.

Thank you,

Ed

Message 19 of 23
racsoapres

Hi Ed:

I followed everything you did and it works perfect. Now I can add MFC Ext. Class without any problem. But I do NOT know how to add a command. Could you tell me the steps to create a new command? I mean, how do I get the Code Gallery in VS2010? In VS2008 I just have to click on Code Gallery icon.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Racso.

Message 20 of 23
EMD1954
in reply to: racsoapres

The "add a command" functionality has been removed but if you simply create a new project and look at the acrxEntryPoint.cpp file, there are samples of how to add every type of command.  I think there was a thread somewhere by Alexander Rivilis that explained this.  I'm glad my postings helped you - good luck.

Ed

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost