Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARX prerequisites

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GaryElswick5627
387 Views, 1 Reply

ARX prerequisites

This is certainly not a comprehensive list but the beginnings of what I consider a must have knowledge for ARX programming. These are books but I am using them as examples of where to obtain the knowledge in addition to the hours of actual coding experience. You do type in all the example code don't you, not just cut and paste and yes I now know that.....I have learned as much by the typing mistakes I made as the example code.

C++ Primer by Stanley Lippman This has evolved into way more than a primer.

Effective C++ by Scott Myers As I recall there is More Effective C++ but  I do not have it in front of me at the moment.

The Boost C++ Libraries and the book by Boris Schalling (google/bing/yahoo/...."boost")

Algorithms by Robert Sedgwick   He also has two **FREE** algorithms classes at coursera.org through Princeton AND there are other related CS classes there including two more algorithms courses by Tim Roughgarden through Stanford that I have not taken yet.

Web site suggestion: how about adding "arx" to the arx programming discussion group spell checker.

Have to get back to work now but more to follow.....  

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Here are the most recent published books I have on computational geometry in no particular order:

Computational Geometry by Mark de Berg, Otfried Cheong, Marc van Kreveld and Mark Overmars

Discrete and Computational Geometry by Joseph O'Rourke and Satyan L. Devadoss

Guide to Computational Geometry Processing by Jakob Andreas Baerentzen, Jens Gravesen, Francois Anton and Henrick Aanaes (Not sure how to get the"ae" token)

The four books of the Hitchhikers Guide Trilogy (to calculate the meaning of everything)

The web has numerous sites with algorithms, linear algebra and matrices, Bing is your friend.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost