Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ARX Application - Incompatible

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
moon-safari
968 Views, 7 Replies

ARX Application - Incompatible

I'm trying to load an assembly on AutoCAD startup. It basically is an arx application written in c++, compiled in .NET 4.0. The AutoCAD Version is 2012 with ObjectARX 2012.

When i send the netload command a window with the title "ARX Application - Incompatible" pops up, and it says:

"AutoCAD is attempting to load .../xyz.dll which is not compatible with AutoCAD. What do you want to do?"

And then i can choose that i want to load it anyway and after it is loaded it all works. So, the Issue here is really just the message and i want to ask if there is a way i can make it disappear. Maybe i can configure my application so that AutoCAD recognises it as compatible or i can somehow suppress the error message? Or maybe someone just can help me understand how it can come to such an incompatibility. Where can i start searching?

Thanks in advance.

p.s.: i'm not sure if it is the right way to load an arx application. i also tried to use arxload instead of netload but that didn't work either.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

What version of Visual Studio are you using?

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 3 of 8

I'm using Visual Studio 2010

Message 4 of 8

@moon-safari wrote:

I'm using Visual Studio 2010

As far as I know If you try to create mixed-mode ARX-file you have to use VS 2010 with Platform Toolset set to V90 (e.g. VS 2008 SP1 must be installed) and Framework set to 3.5

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 8

Thanks but how would i do that? I switched to Framework 3.5 and to v90 but than i get an error, that an include file wasn't found. So there is a file called "type_traits" that was refferenced from "acarray.h". That file is apparently not part of the Visual Studio 2008 compiler. Now i can manually copy that file from one "inc" folder to the "other" but then it requestes more files and eventually i end up with an C1189 Error in "xtr1common" because a constant "_HAS_TR1" was not defined.

But would that be the way to go? Or would you suggest to import my Project to Visual Studio 2008 and compile it there? Or do i have to change some configurations in my project to make it work in Framework 3.5?

Message 6 of 8

@moon-safari wrote:

[...] So there is a file called "type_traits" that was refferenced from "acarray.h". [...]

That is why you did not install SP1 for VS 2008. Install SP1 and this error have to disappear.

Expert Elite Member

Message 7 of 8

Ah yeah you were right! Ok, so i just installed SP1 and i was able to build my project. Now i tried to netload the dll and the same error occured. When i try to change the fileextension to "arx" and use arxload instead, it seem to work. So could that be an issue too? My problem is, that i actually have another .NET dll that references that ObjectARX dll. To do that, i needed the file extension to be "dll" so that i can add the file in my Projects references. At least i didn't find a possibility to add an "arx" file as reference.

Message 8 of 8

You have not rename extension from dll to arx in order to load your's file.

Expert Elite Member

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost