acpcIndexPointCloud(...) returns ePCFileNotWritten

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
kubitTilo
416 Views, 2 Replies

acpcIndexPointCloud(...) returns ePCFileNotWritten

Hi all,

on a customer's machine acpcIndexPointCloud(...) is continuously returning ePCFileNotWritten.

Indexing scans via POINTCLOUDINDEX command also fails.

We've already checked privileges and available disk space, everything seems fine.

Any ideas? Any information under which circumstances acpcIndexPointCloud(...) is returning that specific error code?

Thanks,

Tilo.

Tilo Pfliegner
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: kubitTilo

Hi Tilo,

I have enquired about this with our engineering team.

I will let you know after I get a reply from the engineering team.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: kubitTilo

Hi Tilo,

Here are two suggestions that I received from my colleagues in the engineering team.

<<<

Which is kind of point cloud file that the customer try to index? ISD or PCG? And what system he is using? Win7 or Win 8? X86 or X64?

If he was trying the PCG indexing. There is one possibility to return ePCFileNotWritten when Windows API WriteFile function fails.

If he was trying the ISG indexing. The failure may be caused when failing to save an ISD file.

This type of exception is thrown when the Ambercore Point Cloud API fails to save an ISD file.

Generally, the failure may be caused by system issues, like not enough memory, too many I/O requests, or some read/write lock, etc.

It might help to reboot the system? Or specify another destination folder to put the indexed file?

>>>

<<<

Also, at least for PCG, make sure there’s enough space in the %TEMP%  folder.

I’m not sure what error it would return if you ran out, but enough space for two, or even three, uncompressed point clouds is recommended for indexing. So something like 3 * 20 * pointcount in bytes.

>>> 

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost