ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acedInitGet and acedGetKword in languages without capitalization?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
WolframKuss12
451 Views, 1 Reply

acedInitGet and acedGetKword in languages without capitalization?

In Short:
Can you use acedInitGet and acedGetKword with abbreviated keywords in languages without capitalization?

In more detail:
I am calling acedInitGet and acedGetKword to let the user choose among some options.
Using capitalization you can tell AutoCAD which character(s) to accept as abbreviation and AutoCAD will then print them blue.
For example one option would be "eXit". Then the user can type the full word "exit" or just a single "X".
Obviously this is not possible in languages like Chinese, Japanese or Hebrew that (AFAIK) do not support capitalization.

acedIniGet has this option to fix the issue (quoted from the help file):
"Enter the entire keyword in uppercase characters, followed immediately by a comma, followed by the abbreviation. For example, enter LTYPE,LT.This method is useful in developing applications for languages that do not use uppercase and lowercase letters in the style of the Roman alphabet."

However the promptstring parameter of acedGetKword does not (seem) to support this feature.

Is there a solution to this issue? Maybe I have to use some other function than acedGetKWord?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
owenwengerd
in reply to: WolframKuss12

I think the only solution is to report the bug and wait for Autodesk to fix it.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost