Did you mean: 

AcedCommandS definition

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
paulchen29
1702 Views, 3 Replies

AcedCommandS definition

Hi Guys,

I've opend a new thread 2 days ago and I think I have closed it a bit to soon! Sorry about opening now a new thread.

I want to use the AcedCommandS function in my application for eg in that way:

acedCommandS(RTSTR,ACRX_T("_INSERT"),RTSTR,logostr,RTSTR,PAUSE,RTREAL,cmf,RTREAL,cmf,RTREAL,0.0,0);

When I debug my application and step over my functions this call is completely ignored and the debugger jumps over to next code line. 

On a first glance it looks like I missed something important to include into my project because when I right click on the command and say "Go to defintion" it just leads me to the "acedads.h" which only holds a define directive (hope this is correct englisch word)

#define acedCommandS

But refering to the Object ARX Help File the command is defined in the "acedCmdNF.h" which was not included in my project. So I put it in manually without success.

For your information: To recompile our application for AutoCAD 2015 I just took the project for AutoCAD 2013 and reopend it in Visual Studio 2012. After that I just "renamed" the dependices in the project settings (for e.g. acui19.lib to acui20.lib,....) and also relinked the pathes to the new locations.

I would be very thankful for any hint.

Finally please excuse my bad english as I am not a native english speaker but german and my clueless questions as I am completely new to the Object ARX development with no introduction at all. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: paulchen29

You cannot use PAUSE in a call to acedCommandS. This is explained in the documentation.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 4
paulchen29
in reply to: owenwengerd

Hi Owen

Thanks for your reply! So I guess I need to go the way via acedCommandC - right?

Refering to your comment I read the documentation about acedCommandS once more but couldn't find an explit statement saying that I am not allowed to use PAUSE anymore but reading acedCommandC again (with your comment in backround) it makes a lot more sense.

But when I want to use acedCommandC in my application the compiler is telling me that this function is not defined. I think this because the 

"acedCmdNF.h" is not included in my project.

Is there at least any good starting point you can give me please - maybe a hint or a documentation "ObjectARX for real Dummies" Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
owenwengerd
in reply to: paulchen29

I'm afraid there is no "easy" button. You have the SDK documentation, the header files, and the internet -- the rest is up to you.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost