Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

acedCommand in AutoCAD 2004

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
298 Views, 5 Replies

acedCommand in AutoCAD 2004

hello, why acedCommand doesn't work in personal command?? i just want to use acedCommand (RTSTR, "_ddatte", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); and acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); any work ... the selectionset myselection contain block with attributes. I don't have registered my function with ACED_CMD_TRANSPARENT flag. thanks for your advices.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I think (maybe wrong), but these commands will only work with a single object, not a RTPICK. Try it with one RTNAME. The explode command works with a set, but only since 2000 (I think). The acedCommand version still only allows one object to maintain compatability with older apps. "Geoffrey BAUDIN" wrote in message news:40ffc8db_3@newsprd01... > hello, > > why acedCommand doesn't work in personal command?? > > i just want to use > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_ddatte", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > and > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > > any work ... > > the selectionset myselection contain block with attributes. > I don't have registered my function with ACED_CMD_TRANSPARENT flag. > > thanks for your advices. > >
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Sorry But, the use of RTENAME doesn't solve my problem. instead of acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); i forget than i could use AcdBBlockReference::ExplodeToOwnerSpace() with the sendStringToExecute command, can i use a selectionset ?? "Randy Sanders" a écrit dans le message de news:41000b76_3@newsprd01... > I think (maybe wrong), but these commands will only work with a single > object, not a RTPICK. Try it with one RTNAME. The explode command works with > a set, but only since 2000 (I think). The acedCommand version still only > allows one object to maintain compatability with older apps. > "Geoffrey BAUDIN" wrote in message > news:40ffc8db_3@newsprd01... > > hello, > > > > why acedCommand doesn't work in personal command?? > > > > i just want to use > > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_ddatte", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > > and > > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > > > > any work ... > > > > the selectionset myselection contain block with attributes. > > I don't have registered my function with ACED_CMD_TRANSPARENT flag. > > > > thanks for your advices. > > > > > >
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

When using a RTENAME, you can only pass a single ename, not a selection set. You would have to loop through the set and ddatte and explode each item individually. The sendStringToExecute should work with a set for the explode command, if you can send a set name as a string. I have never used it to call a command and pass parameters, so I dont know how it behaves. One thing to note, may not make any difference in your case, is that the command you send to the sendStringToExecute function will not get run until your command completes, so if you want ot do something after the exlode you would not be able to do it this way. Of course, someone out there may know how to make it work that way.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks. I know RTENAME is to use with an object name and not a selectionset. I try to use this flag with block ads-name, but there was no result ... ??? i tought the selectionset have bad constructed and i try with block name unsuccessfully ... :-/ that's why, i would transmit set name to sendStringToExecute, because instead of acedCommand, this function works. I known the sendStringToExecute function will not get run until the previous command doesn't complete, and i'm care about. But i really need to edit block attributes with one method or another after block insertion. So, does someone know how can i transmit a set or entity name accross a string to send to sendStringToExecute function ?? Or, does someone know why acedCommand always fail ??? Can you tell me more about acedCommand context use ??? Thanks. "Randy Sanders" a écrit dans le message de news:41011905_2@newsprd01... > When using a RTENAME, you can only pass a single ename, not a selection set. > You would have to loop through the set and ddatte and explode each item > individually. The sendStringToExecute should work with a set for the explode > command, if you can send a set name as a string. I have never used it to > call a command and pass parameters, so I dont know how it behaves. One thing > to note, may not make any difference in your case, is that the command you > send to the sendStringToExecute function will not get run until your command > completes, so if you want ot do something after the exlode you would not be > able to do it this way. Of course, someone out there may know how to make it > work that way. > >
Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

I don't know yet how use a selection set with sendStringToExecute, but i found how use a handle !!! For information : CString strCmd; char handleStr[255]; blockId.handle().getIntoAsciiBuffer(HandleStr); strCmd.Format( "_eattedit\n(handEnt\"%s\")\n", handleStr ); acDocManager->sendStringToCommand ( acDocManager->curDocument(), strCmd ); "Geoffrey BAUDIN" a écrit dans le message de news:4100e0d7_3@newsprd01... > Sorry But, the use of RTENAME doesn't solve my problem. > instead of acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > i forget than i could use AcdBBlockReference::ExplodeToOwnerSpace() > > with the sendStringToExecute command, can i use a selectionset ?? > > > > "Randy Sanders" a écrit dans le message > de news:41000b76_3@newsprd01... > > I think (maybe wrong), but these commands will only work with a single > > object, not a RTPICK. Try it with one RTNAME. The explode command works > with > > a set, but only since 2000 (I think). The acedCommand version still only > > allows one object to maintain compatability with older apps. > > "Geoffrey BAUDIN" wrote in message > > news:40ffc8db_3@newsprd01... > > > hello, > > > > > > why acedCommand doesn't work in personal command?? > > > > > > i just want to use > > > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_ddatte", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > > > and > > > acedCommand (RTSTR, "_explode", RTPICK, myselection, RTNONE ); > > > > > > any work ... > > > > > > the selectionset myselection contain block with attributes. > > > I don't have registered my function with ACED_CMD_TRANSPARENT flag. > > > > > > thanks for your advices. > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost