ObjectARX
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcDb3dSolid::createSweptSolid give back different result..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
vianova.th
810 Views, 6 Replies

AcDb3dSolid::createSweptSolid give back different result..

Hello,

I have question about Sweep result.. from these

- create circle in XY plane and use top point of circle as base point

- create simple 3D line as path

- use AcDb3dSolid::createSweptSolid()

The point is

A. if the 3D line is from (0,0,100) to (10,10,100) then TOP of pipe is at level 100

BUT

B. if the 3D line is (0,0,100) to (-10,-10,100) then BOTTOM of pipe is at level 100

if I would like to get B with TOP of pipe at level 100, how to do that?  path have to create that way can't change.. I'm asking for Swept Options (or some technics)

Please help..

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
owenwengerd
in reply to: vianova.th

Make sure your path starts on the circle.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 3 of 7
vianova.th
in reply to: owenwengerd

Hello Owen, thank for your reply. BUT your advise can't be done in my case.. I alway have the section in 2D (XY Plane) but the path is in 3D Space (also far away).. Give some more advise please..

Message 4 of 7
owenwengerd

You need to either create the section in the correct position and orientation, or more likely, transform it after it is created.

--
Owen Wengerd
ManuSoft
Message 5 of 7
vianova.th
in reply to: owenwengerd

"transform it after it is created" is the key here.. thanks again 

Message 6 of 7
vianova.th

Hi,

I thought that 'transform the profile to perpendicular with the start of path' is all I need.. BUT no!!

I create the red circle and white 3d polyline in the code, then doing 3D rotate and translate the circle to the start of 3D polyline.. It seem to work for most of the case I tested.. but some are not..

(margenta lines are just draw manually to check if the input circle is twist or not, they are not)

IF I do the Sweep command in ACAD for this drawing, it give ok result.. But if I do by arx, it give the green pipe as in the picture.. which options I missing ?

Thanks again in advance..

SweepResult2.PNG

Message 7 of 7
vianova.th

It's mistake in the code... after change the concept of process by adding transforming section to the path.. I forget to re-set on SweepOptions..Smiley Embarassed

So, confirm that transform section to perpendicular with start of path is really help..Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost