Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mootzoid - first plugin for Maya + introducing myself

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
EricMootz
777 Views, 1 Reply

Mootzoid - first plugin for Maya + introducing myself

Hello Maya community!

My name is Eric Mootz a.k.a. Mootzoid and I have been programming tools and plugins for Softimage for many years, perhaps you heard of some them (emFluid, emPolygonizer, emFlock, ..).

A few weeks ago I finally started to work on a first plugin for Maya. I had quite some fun digging into the Maya SDK, understanding how Maya works "under the hood" and so on.

There is a first beta of the plugin emReader available for testing, if anybody is interested. It can be downloaded here on the emReader web page. To be honest, this plugin is a bit unspectacular (it loads geometry cache files), but it was mainly to get familiar with Maya's SDK. During the next weeks I will be working on adapting my particle mesher emPolygonizer4 for Maya.

Cheers!
Eric

---------------------------
www.mootzoid.com
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
EricMootz
in reply to: EricMootz

Hey folks,

if nothing unexpected happens tomorrow then, on January 8th 2014, the first beta of emPolygonizer4 will be released. Ta da!

Development of emPolygonizer4 for Maya has been a rather smooth ride thanks to the well documented Maya SDK and the nearly 200 examples it comes with. As far as I am concerned emPolygonizer4 for Maya is fit for production, but it will nevertheless be released as a beta first, in the hope that people who give it a try and report any possible last bugs they might stumble into.

And just to prove that all my above bla-bla is not just empty words:
below is a screenshot from my little working scene. It shows an emPolygonizer4 mesh with UVs in the perspective view, in the Attribute Editor you can see some of the emP4 node parameters and in the Node Editor you can see how things are connected.

Cheers,
Eric.

---------------------------
www.mootzoid.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report