1201 Views, 13 Replies

Y Direction

i need to calculate the distance between two point in new ucs

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
_gile
in reply to: Amremad

Hi

The distance between 2 points is the same whatever the current UCS.

Gilles Chanteau
Programmation AutoCAD LISP/.NET
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 3 of 14
Amremad
in reply to: _gile

sorry i missed

i need to move the other point from any point in y direction

Message 4 of 14
_gile

To move an entity in the current UCS Y direction, you have to transform the y displacement vector with the current coodinate system before using this vector with the TransformBy() method.

Example to move the entity (ent) of 10 units in the UCS Y direction:

Vector3d disp = new Vector3d(0.0, 10.0, 0.0);
disp = disp.TransformBy(ed.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem);
ent.TransformBy(Matrix3d.Displacement(disp));

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 5 of 14
Amremad

Private Shared Sub ChangePostionLevel(MySelSet As SelectionSet, BPoint As Point3d, BValue As String)
        Dim Tr As Transaction = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()
        If MySelSet IsNot Nothing Then
            For Each BlKID In MySelSet.GetObjectIds()

Dim BlkRef As BlockReference = Tr.GetObject(BlKID, OpenMode.ForWrite)
                Dim objId As ObjectId = BlkRef.AttributeCollection.Item(0)
                Dim attRef As AttributeReference = Tr.GetObject(objId, OpenMode.ForWrite)

Dim OPoint As Point3d = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, BlkRef.Position.Y, BlkRef.Position.Z)
                Dim NPoint As Point3d

If attRef.TextString > BValue Then
                    'NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y + (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) ), BlkRef.Position.Z)

Dim distance As Double = ""
                ElseIf attRef.TextString < BValue Then
                    NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y - (Val(BValue) - Val(attRef.TextString))), BlkRef.Position.Z)
                ElseIf attRef.TextString = BValue Then

End If
                BlkRef.TransformBy(Matrix3d.Displacement(OPoint.GetVectorTo(NPoint)))
            Next
        End If
        Tr.Commit()
        Tr.Dispose()
    End Sub

this funciton work correctly with normal ucs (world mode) , but doesn't work with other ucs

see this picture to understand what i want

pic1.jpg

Message 6 of 14
_gile

Hi,

If you read attentively my previous reply, you can see the displacement vector is transformed by Editor.CurrentCoordinateSystem before beeing passed to the TransformBy() method.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 7 of 14
Amremad

Private Shared Sub ChangePostionLevel(MySelSet As SelectionSet, BPoint As Point3d, BValue As String, Unit As Double)
        Dim Tr As Transaction = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim OPoint As Point3d = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, BlkRef.Position.Y, BlkRef.Position.Z)
                Dim NPoint As Point3d

NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y + (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit), BlkRef.Position.Z)
                    NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y - (Val(BValue) - Val(attRef.TextString)) * Unit), BlkRef.Position.Z)

End If
                BlkRef.TransformBy(Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem)
                BlkRef.TransformBy(Matrix3d.Displacement(OPoint.GetVectorTo(NPoint)))
            Next
        End If
        Tr.Commit()
        Tr.Dispose()
    End Sub

like this ?????

it doens't work

Message 8 of 14
Amremad

it's very hard , please help me , if you need completely code , i will send it to you

Message 9 of 14
_gile

No, it is not "very hard", it's only some math logic.

You build a displacement vector from 2 points:

- the block reference insertion point (OPoint), BlockReference.Position returns a Point3d defined in WCS coordinates

- a point (NPoint) built from another one passed as argument to your function (BPoint)

The issue is: how is defined BPoint, WCS or UCS coordinates ?

If BPoint is defined in WCS coordinates, the displacement vector OPoint.GetVectorTo(Npoint) is defined too in WCS so you have to transform it:

Dim disp As Vector3d = OPoint.GetVectorTo(Npoint).TransformBy(ed.currentCoordinateSystem)

Esle if BPoint is defined in current UCS (as returned by Editor.GetPoint()), you have to transform OPoint from WCS to UCS before building the displacement vector. In this case, the displacement vector will be defined in UCS coordinates:

Dim disp As Vector3d = OPoint.TransformBy(ed.currentCoordinateSystem.Inverse()).GetVectorTo(Npoint)

Then use this vector to Transform BlkRef...

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 10 of 14
Amremad

Private Shared Sub ChangePostionLevel(MySelSet As SelectionSet, BPoint As Point3d, BValue As String, Unit As Double)

Dim NPoint As Point3d

NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y + (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit), BlkRef.Position.Z)
                    NPoint = New Point3d(BlkRef.Position.X, (BPoint.Y - (Val(BValue) - Val(attRef.TextString)) * Unit), BlkRef.Position.Z)

End If
                Dim disp As Vector3d = OPoint.TransformBy(Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem.Inverse()).GetVectorTo(NPoint)
                BlkRef.TransformBy(Matrix3d.Displacement(disp))
            Next
        End If
        Tr.Commit()
        Tr.Dispose()

End Sub

also doesn't work

i think you will hit me Smiley Happy

i think iam failure , i can't understand ,

if you need the completley code to fix it tell me and i will send it for you

iam so sorry

Message 11 of 14
_gile

From your last code, it seems to me that what you want to do is move the block reference about the current UCS Y axis with a value which is equal to:

BPoint.Y + (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit

Try the code below (I remove some unuseful statements)

Using Tr As Transaction = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.TransactionManager.StartTransaction()

Dim attRef As AttributeReference = Tr.GetObject(objId, OpenMode.ForRead)

Dim yVal As Double = BPoint.Y + (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit
                        Dim disp As Vector3d = New Vector3d(0.0, yVal, 0.0)
                        disp = disp.TransformBy(Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem)
                    Next
                End If
                Tr.Commit()
            End Using

End Sub

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 12 of 14
Amremad

know i know where is the problem

this is my correct code mr _gile

' Dim NPoint As Point3d

Dim TDistance As Double = Math.Abs(BlkRef.Position.Y - BPoint.Y)
                Dim FDistance As Double

If Val(attRef.TextString) > BValue Then
                    Dim PDistance As Double = (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit
                    If TDistance > PDistance Then
                        FDistance = -(TDistance - (PDistance))
                    Else
                        FDistance = TDistance + (PDistance)
                    End If
                ElseIf Val(attRef.TextString) < BValue Then
                    Dim PDistance As Double = (Val(attRef.TextString) - Val(BValue)) * Unit
                    If TDistance > PDistance Then
                        FDistance = TDistance + (PDistance)
                    Else
                        FDistance = TDistance - (PDistance)
                    End If
                Else
                End If

Dim disp As Vector3d = New Vector3d(0.0, FDistance, 0.0)
                disp = disp.TransformBy(Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.Editor.CurrentUserCoordinateSystem)

Next
        End If
        Tr.Commit()
        Tr.Dispose()
    End Sub

in the red line , the distance between block and base point in WCS , no problem

but when the code can't calcualte the distance in UCS  Correctly

so how can i get the distance between two point in any UCS or WCS Correctly

understand me

Message 13 of 14
_gile

It's really difficult to help you if the problem data changes with each message...

As I said, the BlockReference.Position is always defined in WCS coordinates, so if the 'BPoint' is not defined in WCS coordinates, you have to transform one of both so that they're defined in the same coordinate system before getting the distance between them.

The rest of your arithmetic could be simplified which would make the code more readable.

Gilles Chanteau
GileCAD
GitHub

Message 14 of 14
Amremad

It's really difficult to help you if the problem data changes with each message...

iam so sorry , but i work hard with this codeSmiley Happy

iam sorry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost