.NET

Active Contributor
DouceDeux
Message 1 of 2 (116 Views)

Xref original file name of the drawing

116 Views, 1 Replies
01-30-2013 02:22 PM

Hello!

I'm trying to get just the filename either with or without the .dwg extension for an xref given I already have its reference (BlockReference) and its model space (BlockTableRecord) all open for read; skipping accessing any BlockTable.

Im doing something like this:

• Either get the XGraph and first node or prompt user for a block reference and check it's from attachment
  • Start active document's database transaction, get the BlockReference.
  • Get the BlockTableRecord only with the BlockReference's BlockTableRecord-ObjectId property.
  • At this point I can iterate through the model space and see the nuts and bolts of the xref drawing without actually changing anything after saving my drawing, even after committing a trasaction.

So what I want to know is how to get the filename of the xref'ed drawing (i.e. Original_Drawing.dwg).

I'm looking at doing this without opening the referenced drawing as a side database and checking the filename.

I can't debug right now, but is it. myBlockTableRecord.Database.OriginalFileName ???

Alexander.Rivilis
Message 2 of 2 (110 Views)

Re: Xref original file name of the drawing

01-30-2013 03:08 PM in reply to: DouceDeux

Maybe this sample help you:

Finding all XREFs in the current database using C#.NET

Пожалуйста не забывайте про Утвердить в качестве решения! Утвердить в качестве решения и Give Kudos!Баллы
Please remember to Accept Solution! Accept as Solution and Give Kudos!Kudos

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.