Did you mean: 

Xref dependant LinetypeTableRecord and its database

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
RichardCammeray
421 Views, 2 Replies

Xref dependant LinetypeTableRecord and its database

Hi,

I would like to ask for help to solve my problem with LinetypeTableRecord from Xref within attached drawings but you would probably need MgdBbg or ArxDbg to read their properties to help me (I appreciate that).

In Master.dwg there are two LinetypeTableRecords from X_source.dwg Xref:

1) X_source |CENTER

2) X_source |DASHED

Despite both LinetypeTableRecords are Xref dependant,  one linetype is Database  ‘Master.dwg’ resident  and second is Database ‘X_source.dwg’ resident.

After some investigation I thing autocad variable VISRETAIN  controls in what database the Xref linetypes are stored.

So my question and goal is:  how can I change/moved LinetypeTableRecord ‘X_source |DASHED’ from database ‘X_source.dwg’ to database ‘Master.dwg’ and keep property  IsDependant=true.

CENTER.png

DASHED.png

Sorry for clumsy explanation, I hope someone will help me.

Thanks,

Richard

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jeff
in reply to: RichardCammeray

If that Linetype is assinged the Linetype of any layer in the xref then when its referenced its databse will be the local database.

If the linetype is not assigned to any layer  in the xref then its database will be the xref's

So yo answer your question make sure no layers in xref use that linetype.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 3 of 3
RichardCammeray
in reply to: jeff

Thank you Jeff,

You are correct. But problem starts when you assign new linetype to some layer after attaching xref.

Then it seems to me that xref has to be reloaded with VISRETAIN=0 to make linetype local.

Thanks,

Richard

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost