xrecord problem while overuling

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
luc
Explorer
758 Views, 8 Replies

xrecord problem while overuling

Hi,

I want to write an overrule to automaticly suppress xrecords in extension dictionary while copiing

but then I test my module, the xreocrd is supressed in the original piece , not the newest one !!

canyou help me and find that I am doing false ?

attached is my project and a dwg for testing

regards

Luc

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: luc

Hi Luc,

Sorry for the delay.

I have tried your sample project and it seems to be working ok.

After I copy and paste the rectangle in the drawing, the dictionary named "IdProfil" was not part of the copied entity and its XData was also cleared.

I am using AutoCAD 2014 to try this.

Can you please provide more information to reproduce the problem ?

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 9
luc
Explorer
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Hi Balaji

after testing , I found this

using copy + paste , the sample work ok

using then copy command, the sample work false like explained

, the xrecord is suppressed for the original rectangle , not the copy

I am using Autocad 2014 and visual studio 2012.

regards

Luc

Message 4 of 9
Balaji_Ram

Hi Luc,

Sorry for the delay.

I could reproduce this behavior and haven't found a way to overcome it.

I have contacted our engineering team about this and will get back to you.

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji

Message 5 of 9
DiningPhilosopher

If you want to supress copying of certain XRecords in a DBDictionary, you overrule the XRecord class, not the DBDictionary class, and when DeepClone() is called on the XRecord that you don't want to be cloned, you only need to skip the call to MyBase.DeepClone().

Using a Transaction, and removing elements from a DBDIctionary from within the DeepClone() override should really be avoided.  Another way to deal with the problem without requiring overrules is by handling the deep-clone related events of the Database, and simply remove items from the IDMap that you don't want cloned.

Message 6 of 9
Balaji_Ram

As DP suggested, overruling the Xrecord would definitely be a better approach for this. 

Unfortunately, the same behavior seems to exist when I tried that approach. It works ok when the entity is copied and pasted using Ctrl+C / Ctrl+V. But when the "Copy" command is used, the Xrecord gets removed from the original entity and not from the cloned one.

This is strange but I am not yet sure about the reason for this behavior.

I found a workaround for it by not using the ObjectOverrule when the DeepClone context is “Copy”.

In that case, the Xrecord is removed using the “DeepCloneEnded” event handler.

The ObjectId of the pasted entity is retrieved from the idMap in “BeginDeepCloneTranslation” event.

This is working ok for “CopyClip” and “Copy” commands.

I have attached a sample code. To try this :

1. Create a circle

2. Run the "Test" command and select the circle. This creates the Xrecord in the entity's extension dictionary.

3. Use "Copy" command or "CopyClip" command

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji

Message 7 of 9

Hi Balaji. I'm not sure how that can happen, if the only thing your code does differently when it doesn't want an XRecord to be cloned, is to not supermessage DeepClone().

Perhaps you can post the code showing the behavior?
Message 8 of 9

@Balaji_Ram wrote:

I found a workaround for it by not using the ObjectOverrule when the DeepClone context is “Copy”.

In that case, the Xrecord is removed using the “DeepCloneEnded” event handler.

If I recall correctly, preventing an object from being cloned using the deep-clone events should only require you to remove the corresponding entry from the IDMap passed into the BeginDeepCloneTranslation event handler, which should prevent the object from being cloned in the first place, and hence, not require you to remove the XRecord from the cloned owner after the fact.

Message 9 of 9
Balaji_Ram

Hi DP,

I have attached the file which was my attempt at overruling the cloning of Xrecord. But it seemed to have the same problem as what Luc had originally mentioned. 

About removing the id from the BeginDeepCloneTranslation, yes that should work. But I haven't tried it and my thought was only revolving around making the overruling method work 🙂

Regards,

Balaji

Balaji

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost