Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows Focus during batch processing

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
ken.washburn
871 Views, 2 Replies

Windows Focus during batch processing

I have a VBA program that I'm converting to VB.Net.  The program is a batch process that opens a an excel file, opens a template drawing, adds blocks (listed in the excel file), plots and saves the drawing, then moves on to the next drawing, and so on.  In Autocad 2008 and previous version, the program ran in the background, i.e. I could see what was happening, but it didn't affect the running of other programs (like email).  However, since switching to Autocad 2009 (and 2010, and now 2011), the very same program now steels focus every time a new drawing is created (every few seconds).  We've been running this program for years during normal business hours, but have had to change to running them on a remote VM (which is slower) or at night.

I have since converted the program to vb.net, but I get the same results; windows or autocad keeps returning the focus to the autocad interface.  When I originally started to covert this program, I was going to do everything in the database only (not the user interface), it appears that to plot, though, the drawing must be opened in the interface. 

I can still run the same VBA program in 2008 or 2007 (if I re-install them) and it will run without steeling focus, but the 2007 file format is slightly larger and adds up with the thousands of drawings we are dealing with.  And I want to move to vb.net and 2011.

I sent in a support ticket to autodesk, but they blame it on windows.  We continue to use XP Pro.  So nothing has changed there.

Any ideas what may be causing this issue?

Thanks,
Ken

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pjfontes
in reply to: ken.washburn

Anyone have a solution for this?

Message 3 of 3
pjfontes
in reply to: pjfontes

Download TweakUI from Microsoft

Start->Run->tweakui

General->Focus->Prevent Applications From Stealing Focus

This helps a lot.. but doesn't eliminate the issue entirely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost