.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will assembly with c3d references be ok in vanilla acad session?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
JamesMaeding
202 Views, 2 Replies

Will assembly with c3d references be ok in vanilla acad session?

I am making decisions on if I split up my prog or make one that works in acad and c3d.

The prog defines commands and lispfunctions.

So if I do not call any of those that would need c3d objects, will I be ok in an acad session?

I do have interop references to c3d, will that matter?

Part of the reason I am asking in addition to testing is with 2015, there are no separate installs for acad and c3d.

So I worry the fact that I have c3d installed will fool me. I think I am testing on vanilla acad profile, but its somehow hooked to c3d and not a true test.

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BlackBox_
in reply to: JamesMaeding

@jmaeding wrote:

I am making decisions on if I split up my prog or make one that works in acad and c3d.

The prog defines commands and lispfunctions.

So if I do not call any of those that would need c3d objects, will I be ok in an acad session?

I do have interop references to c3d, will that matter?

Part of the reason I am asking in addition to testing is with 2015, there are no separate installs for acad and c3d.

So I worry the fact that I have c3d installed will fool me. I think I am testing on vanilla acad profile, but its somehow hooked to c3d and not a true test.

thanks

There are multiple ways by which one can identify the host application.

Have you considered simply loading your assemblies via Autoloader .bundle?

The PackageContents.xml file makes it really easy to specify within a given Components XmlNode, which platform(s) to support... More specifically, you can load your vanilla assembly into both Platform="AutoCAD|Civil3D", whereas your C3D-only assembly would have an XmlAttribute Value of Platform="Civil3D" for same Series[Min/MAax] XmlAttributes.

Here's a quick snippet from a PackageContents.xml file that does what I describe here:

<!-- ... -->
  <Components>
    <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD|Civil3D" SeriesMax="R20.0" SeriesMin="R20.0" />
    <ComponentEntry AppDescription="Some app description here." AppName="SomeAppName" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="true" ModuleName="./Contents/YourAppFilePath/YourAppFileName20.dll" Version="1.0.0" />
	<RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="Civil3D" SeriesMax="R20.0" SeriesMin="R20.0" />
    <ComponentEntry AppDescription="Some app description here." AppName="SomeAppName" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="true" ModuleName="./Contents/YourAppFilePath/YourAeccAppFileName20.dll" Version="1.0.0" />
  </Components>
<!-- ... -->

Cheers

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 3

Indeed the Autoloader mechanism already mentioned is the best way to control the loading process.

Additionally, you cannot use Civil 3D references on AutoCAD sessions.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost