.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who has a realdwg seat that would compile the app id purger util?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JamesMaeding
436 Views, 3 Replies

Who has a realdwg seat that would compile the app id purger util?

I have c++ code for a tool that purges registered app ids one drawing at a time.

It is an exe that takes a dwg name as an argument at the console, and cleans that drawing.

I have created an interface for using the tool in a batch manner, and give the program out for free.

It is the "PurgeIDs" program if anyone has used it.

Autodesk used to compile the tool for me, and created it in the first place, but they will not compile it any longer.

They tried to do a tool to replace mine, but they got the interface wrong, as it does not report what files have excess app ids, it just cleans things.

Will anyone out there help me on this?

I would put credit in the dialog that PurgeIDs shows, and you would instantly have a lot of fans since many companies use the tool.

I have the VS project all ready to go, but do not have a seat of realdwg, and have not compiled a C project before, just .net.

I am thinking there is no code changing needed, just open, change a few references maybe to acad 2010/13, and compile.

I attached a screenshot of the interface, its not a junky program, and I even use it to gather files for sending instead of etransmit, since etransmit crashes a lot.

Keep in mind, its just the exe I need help with. The dialog below is not part of the exe, I wrote and maintain it.

PurgeIDs.png

thanks

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
khoa.ho
in reply to: JamesMaeding

Hi,

I am using a license RealDWG 2013 from my company. But it’s just for .NET projects, not C++ code. I am not sure to allow to compile your code or not. Autodesk has strict license agreements to deploy RealDWG applications. If your program works without AutoCAD installation you have to find needed AutoCAD DLL files to copy to your project, and use ObjectARX SDK as reference. It’s just my thought.

-Khoa

Message 3 of 4
JamesMaeding

no problem if you are not familiar with c++, I am not either so should wait for someone that is.

I'll keep looking.

I believe realdwg licenses allow for commercial distribution. I do not recall one with a discount that is that is company use only.

I have not checked prices in a while though.

thx

internal protected virtual unsafe Human() : mostlyHarmless
I'm just here for the Shelties

Message 4 of 4
khoa.ho

RealDWG is currently sold not from Autodesk, but from another company named Tech Soft 3D. First year annual fee is US$5,000. After that, the annual distribution license fee is US$2,500. The contract between the developer and Autodesk has too many sheets with some restrictions that we need to be very careful to keep Autodesk copyright. I am not sure how RealDWG licenses allow for commercial distribution, because nothing to protect RealDWG library coming with your program. So we will see the official answer from Autodesk.

-Khoa

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost