.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the documentation for Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
3651 Views, 5 Replies

Where is the documentation for Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop?

I've looked in the ObjectARX SDK, in AutoCAD Help, on the Autodesk Developer Network, on Stack Overflow and the broader internet, but I can't find documentation for the Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop dll, only documentation for the in-process .NET API.

For example, there's plenty of info about the Application object:

http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2013/ENU/index.html?url=files/GUID-4E1AAFA9-740E-4097-800C-CAED09CDFF12...

...but no similar information about the AcadApplication object exposed by Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop. Where can I find detailed information about the interop API?

There are some examples of using it to start AutoCAD:

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/12/launching-autoc.html

How to close a file in Autocad using C# keeping acad.exe running?

...etc. But I'm looking for object graphs, method descriptions, etc. for the interop API, i.e., the kind of information available for the in-process .NET API.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
norman.yuan
in reply to: Anonymous

If you are talking about the .NET DLL provided by ObjectARX SDK, it is simply a .NET wrapper of AitoCAD COM API. You can also generate it with VS, or .NET's type library importing tool, instead of using the one from ObjectARX SDK.

Since it is just a .NET wrapped COM API, you have its documentation very well supplied since VBA was available in AutoCAD, as long as you have AutoCAD installed. Simply start AutoCAD, go to VBA editor (command "VBAIDE") and then open the "Object Borwser". In the Object Browser window, select any object/property/method, click "?" on the Object Browser window, the document on the selected object/property/method pops up with abundant code samples.

Norman Yuan

Drive CAD With Code

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: norman.yuan

Thanks for the quick reply Norman. That's exactly what I was looking for!

Message 4 of 6
Alexander.Rivilis

From http://www.autodesk.com/developautocad page:

ActiveX API
The ActiveX documentation is installed with the program and is organized into two guides:

The ActiveX API documentation also be found locally at: 

• %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acad_aag.chm
  • %ProgramFiles%\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\acadauto.chm

Updates to the ActiveX API documentation:

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 5 of 6
BKSpurgeon

thank you for your answer. But when I click on the "?" in the VB object browser Nothing is comign up - would you know where I can get a hold of the documentation?

any help would be much appreciated.

regards

BK

Message 6 of 6
BKSpurgeon
in reply to: norman.yuan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost