(I send this message here for the reason of
inaccessibility by means of e-mail
to him personally)
My apologies to our community,
Oleg,

~'J'~

StormyC
in reply to: Hallex

So any update on whats with Mr Tanzillo, i was hoping to get some info from caddzone and the site is no-more.........
Message 22 of 62
stevenelliott3894
in reply to: StormyC

Maybe he lost his famous temper with the wrong person?

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
Message 23 of 62
kdub_nz
in reply to: stevenelliott3894

I can understand anyones lack of patience with unenlightened comments like that !!

//

Everything will work just as you expect it to, unless your expectations are incorrect.

class keyThumper<T> : Lazy<T>;      another  Swamper

Message 24 of 62
stevenelliott3894
in reply to: kdub_nz

Unenlightened? Wow. I guess it must be more enlightened to be out of touch with reality and hurl judgements at people when you don't have a clue. Bravo! I bow down to your obviously superior enlightenment! Will you teach me, master?

Steven Elliott

When I was a little bitty boy, my grandmother bought me a cute little toy. Silver bells hangin' on a string... she told me it was my ding-a-ling-a-ling!
Message 25 of 62
Bryco
in reply to: StormyC

Tony has helped so many people with Cad coding. I would rather have my tails ruffled a little and get the answer than get nowhere. So thanks Tonyfor all the help you have given me and others and I hope you are doing ok.

Message 26 of 62
stevenelliott3894
in reply to: Bryco

By no means do I intend to detract from Tony's accomplishments.

But, he can be... extremely abrasive... if he doesn't like somebody else's opinion. Sort of like somebody else who has replied here.

I believe in karma, so it shouldn't be unreasonable that I made a comment in that vein regarding Tony's absence. Take it for what it is... sarcastic humor. But, keep in mind that I apparently have not yet reached enlightenment. Smiley Wink

Steven Elliott

Message 27 of 62
Hallex
in reply to: stevenelliott3894

Stop flickering here, please
Whether it will be a shame on you then with your words if
 (God bless ) with Tony there was something bad?
*fingercross*

I can't help but notice the .NET forum here is *much* more active without him.  While his depth of knowledge is certainly missed, his attitude prevented the width of discussion we currently see, allowing others to ask questions freely and answer the questions of others without being berated.

I have done a quick search or two and nothing has turned up.  It may be he has decided to "unplug" for a while.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 29 of 62
Hallex
in reply to: dgorsman

Sorry I have disagree

Without this great programmer there is no theory

in these *wide* discussions, all other you can see

in docs

IMHO

When I think of Tony, I think of all the bullies who attack people because doing so makes the bully feel less small.

I have to agree that the boards have a better 'air' about them without the worry of being picked on by the 'popular guy'. It's too bad we can't separate the helpful, knowledgeable person from the bully. I wish him the best, whatever his current situation, but I don't desire his return.

Hallex, do you truly think that Tony was the only person who understood and talked theory here??

Steven Elliott

Message 31 of 62

stevenelliott3894 wrote:

Hallex, do you truly think that Tony was the only person who understood and talked theory here??

Steven! I would not argue with you, but this forum as much lost without Tony Tanzillo. Many fine examples of high-grade, especially using P/Invoke in the. NET to call methods/functions that are not implemented (or not yet implemented) in AutoCAD .NET API, etc...
P.S.: The site http://www.caddzone.com/ not paid for this year and unfortunately, many examples that there were no longer available.

I am very sad. Tony - this is an era in programming in AutoCAD. Smiley Sad

Відповідь корисна? Клікніть на "ВПОДОБАЙКУ" цім повідомленням! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям!
На ваше запитання відповіли? Натисніть кнопку "ПРИЙНЯТИ РІШЕННЯ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ"

Alexander Rivilis / Александр Ривилис / Олександр Рівіліс
Programmer & Teacher & Helper / Программист - Учитель - Помощник / Програміст - вчитель - помічник
Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Expert Elite Member

Message 32 of 62

Alexander,

Like I said earlier in this thread, I have no wish to take away from what Tony did to help the users in this forum. He is a talented person and he gave a lot to the community.

My personal opinions are just that - personal opinions. And I have already expressed them enough to make my point known.

Users who need that level of help can also seek it at www.theswamp.org, if they can't get it here.

Steven Elliott

Message 33 of 62
Hallex
in reply to: Alexander.Rivilis

Thanks so much, Alexander

It is well told.
I am solidary with you completely
Regards,

Oleg

http://wayback.archive.org/web/*/http://caddzone.com

---------------------------

(defun botsbuildbots() (botsbuildbots))
Message 35 of 62
sgrya1

Possibly beaten to a pulp in the real world or committed to some sort of institution.

I resound popular opinion though.  He really knew his stuff.

Newcommers are definately better off without him though and the forum a happier place.

Message 36 of 62
Jeffrey_H
in reply to: sgrya1

I thought this place was a place learn and not a place trying to gain acceptance.

Get over it and this place was defintley better with him.

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp
Message 37 of 62

Like any public forum, this place is also a place for opinions, even if they differ from yours. Do you see the irony in complaining about other people complaining? Can you say hypocrisy? Interesting...

Steven Elliott

Message 38 of 62
Hallex
in reply to: Jeffrey_H

Thanks for the support, Jeffrey

Regards,

Oleg

I have to agree with the better to have side, looked forward to reading his replies....

Message 40 of 62
Hallex
in reply to: Mikko

Glad you back Mikko 🙂

Thanks,

Oleg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost