WblockCloneObjects - bool deferTranslation

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Ertqwa
764 Views, 2 Replies

WblockCloneObjects - bool deferTranslation

Hello,

I am using WblockCloneObjects, but I don't understand what the last parameter does:

bool deferTranslation - Controls if object ids should be translated.

What does it do? When should it be TRUE and when should it be FALSE? Can anyone explain or point me in the right direction?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: Ertqwa

Hi,

The ObjectARX documentation (arxdoc.chm) explains this under the "AcDbDatabase::wblockCloneObjects" method :

I quote :

"When the objects to be cloned do not all have the same owner, then it is necessary to make up individual AcDbObjectIdArray entities, each one containing all the objects with the same owner. The wblockCloneObjects() method is then called once for each array, with the deferXlation argument set to true for all but the last call, so that ID translation will be done to complete the cloning."

So, when you are using the wblockCloneObjects to clone objects that do not belong to the same owner, then it is better to defer the translation until all the grouped objects (belonging to the same owner) have been clones by separate calls to "wblockCloneObjects". The last call to the wblockCloneObjects will then set the "deferTranslation" to false to carry out the translation phase. During the translation phase, new objectId is provided for each of the clone objects and the IdMap becomes useful.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 3
Hallex
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Sorry for offt-opic, Balaji

Here is a situation with one file where is two identical linetypes

with the same name and SHX

So this drawing won't to be copied using WBlockCloneObjects method

Purge, audit,recovery and rewriting this drawing as dxf format -

all is with no luck

How to avoid this trouble?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost