Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

vb .net dll crashes AutoCAD 2014

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
lvthunder
1270 Views, 3 Replies

vb .net dll crashes AutoCAD 2014

I have a vb dll that I wrote that basicly reads an Excel spreadsheet then creates a bunch of drawings by insering a series of blocks.  This program worked just fine in 2013, but it is so unstable it never makes it to the end in 2014.  The problem is it doesn't crash in the same spot.  Also the crash is the screen fades white and Windows says Close or Debug.  If I hit bebug I get this.

error.PNG

If I run AutoCAD using the debugging from Visual Studio I get this.

error2.PNG

None of these crashes cause the crash report to be sent to Autodesk.

Any help would be greatly appreiated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: lvthunder

Hello,

Sorry, such problems can be hard to track.

Here are two ways that can help narrow down the issue.

1) Try using the AutoCAD debug symbols

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2013/04/announcement-autocad-2014-debug-symbols-now-available-...

2) Narrow down the portion of your code by removing portions of your code to identify which portion is causing it to crash. If you can provide a non-confidential sample project that can help reproduce the crash, I can look into it.

If it does not crash at the same spot, then there could be some general programming issues which the earlier versions of AutoCAD was more tolerant towards. I am not aware of any specific programming errors that might lead to such issues with AutoCAD 2014 and I am only suspecting this.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Message 3 of 4
lvthunder
in reply to: Balaji_Ram

Thanks for the help Balaji.

What I ended up doing was reinstalling 2013.  Then I found out it was still crashing.  So I uninstalled every Autodesk product on my computer.  I went and deleted the Autodesk folders and reinstalled 2013.  It still crashed.  So I uninstalled the two version of .net I had installed v4 and v4.5 and only installed v4 with all its patches back and it works again.  So my guess is v4.5 is causing it to crash.  Hopefully I'll have some time this afternoon to figure this out some more.

Message 4 of 4
Balaji_Ram
in reply to: lvthunder

I am glad you have narrowed down the problem.

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost