.NET

Active Contributor
btillman
Message 1 of 3 (625 Views)

VB.NET Code to Close AutoCAD

625 Views, 2 Replies
07-31-2012 08:12 AM

I am having some difficulty in finding information on how to close AutoCAD from my VB.NET code. I open it, create a drawing, save and close the drawing, and now I need to close AutoCAD.

I'm using VB 2010 Express and here is the code which launches AutoCAD.

Dim vAcadApp As AutoCAD.AcadApplication
        Dim vAcadDoc As AutoCAD.AcadDocument
        vAcadApp = New AutoCAD.AcadApplication
        vAcadApp.Visible = True

After the drawing is closed I need some way of closing down AutoCAD.

*Expert Elite*
Hallex
Message 2 of 3 (619 Views)

Re: VB.NET Code to Close AutoCAD

07-31-2012 08:57 AM in reply to: btillman

Have you tried

vAcadApp.Quit

~'J'~

Message 3 of 3 (613 Views)

Re: VB.NET Code to Close AutoCAD

07-31-2012 10:26 AM in reply to: Hallex

Hallex,

Thank you for your reply. That worked, but I think I must find another location to place it because the LISP program which prepares the drawing did not seem to finish before AutoCAD shutdown. Or at least when I opened it up the drawing was missing quite a few lines which would normally have been there.

I tried using System.Threading.Thread.Sleep(10000) and that seemed to have helped but one of the blocks which gets inserted is all out of scale. I will have to play around with this some more but many thanks for your reply.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.