Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using CloseAndDiscard in a DocumentLockModeChanged event handler

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
terjeber
621 Views, 3 Replies

Using CloseAndDiscard in a DocumentLockModeChanged event handler

So, here is my problem. I have an event handler that intercepts saving of documents. In other words I have a:

Application.DocumentManager.DocumentLockModeChanged += documentLockModeChanged;

and

private void documentLockModeChanged(object sender, AutoCAD.DocumentLockModeChangedEventArgs e) {

doSomeStuff();

}

Now, in my "doSomeStuff" I am working with an in-house (yeah, I know) document management system - DMS, so basically what I do is get and set some properties in the drawing and in the meta information about said drawing in the DMS Then I save the drawing to the DMS and I want to close it. So, somewhere I have a

Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument.CloseAndDiscard();

Sadly, this doesn't work. I get a command-in-progress error. If this was a command, I could apparently set CommandMode.Session and all would be fine, but since this is inside an event handler, that has no effect. Does anyone have a good idea?

BTW, this is in Autocad 2013.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
terjeber
in reply to: terjeber

I create a command that closes and discards the drawing... basically:

[CommandMethod("CurrDocCloseAndDiscard", CommandFlags.Session)]
public static void CurrDocCloseAndDiscard() {
   DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocumentCloseAndDiscard();

}

then in my event handler I do:

...SendStringToExecute("CurrDocCloseAndDiscard\r")...

Seems to work. Don't know if it is a bad thing to do...

Message 3 of 4
mzakiralam
in reply to: terjeber

I do not think you need to do something like this. You can close your current document very easily without using the event handler. As you are put your code in document lock handler , this is why you are getting that some command on progress. but you can easily save and close your document by following code. you do not need to sendstringto execute.

[CommandMethod("CD", CommandFlags.Session)]
Static public void CloseDocument()
{
Document doc = Application.DocumentManager.MdiActiveDocument;
doc.CloseAndSave(doc.Name);
}

You can also go through the below link where you may get some idea about closing document in details

http://through-the-interface.typepad.com/through_the_interface/2007/03/closing_all_ope.html

Please also see developers document. Those material are very helpful to resolve general issue.

Message 4 of 4
jeff
in reply to: mzakiralam

Out of curiousity if you are wanting to deal saving of drawings why are you using DocumentCollection.DocumentLockModeChanged Event and not Database.BeginSave Event

You can also find your answers @ TheSwamp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost