Did you mean: 

User Controls.resx - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
SRSDS
936 Views, 5 Replies

User Controls.resx - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

I've just changed a VS compile options to use .NET Framework 3.5 (previously Framework 4).

My user controls that I've added as containers for the pallette don't seem to agree with it and I get a "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error on each of their resx files. And one on Resources.resx.

Attached is a screenshot.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SRSDS
in reply to: SRSDS

One suggestion I have found was to search and replace  "4.0.0.0" with "2.0.0.0".

After doing this the application loads but now none of my CommandMethods are working. 

<CommandMethod("DRR", CommandFlags.UsePickSet Or CommandFlags.Redraw Or CommandFlags.Modal)>

Sub DRR()

Message 3 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

on what release of AutoCAD are you working currently?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 6
SRSDS
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi Alfred,

I'm a bit confused about what's going on here and am just stumbling around.

I was trying to get 2012 working. It was loading but commands weren't working.

I've just tried 2011where the commands are working but the debugger isn't.

.NETFramework v4.0 doesn't seem to work for 2011. It used to but I reformated my computer and it doesn't anymore.

And maybe I should be using 3.5 anyway?

Message 5 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I was trying to get 2012 working

That needs Framework 4.0, so to step back to 3.5 would be the wrong decission (for AutoCAD 2012)

>> I've just tried 2011where the commands are working but the debugger isn't.

Now you should be carefull to not mix up your projects.

There is a workaround for how Framework 3.5 based projects work with 2012 and also get debugging to work (look at the "Through the Interface"-site by Kean Walmsley).

For me the best solution is to have a project for 2011, using Framework 3.5 and another project for 2012 using Framework 4.

Both projects can point to the same source-files but uses different references and project settings.

What I can't reproduce at the moment (because of limited time): if you created a project with 4.0 including creation of forms or user-controls (therefor using resx-files, I think) ...if these projects are working when you save them back to an older Framework as the controls you used before came from Framework 4. That may be a problematic situation.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 6
SRSDS
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thanks Alfred,

That explains things. I think for now I will stay with 2012 and will try to tackle earlier versions if the need arises.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost