Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use acCoreConsole.exe to batch update drawing attributes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
michael.collins2
1152 Views, 2 Replies

Use acCoreConsole.exe to batch update drawing attributes

I am trying to use acCoreConsole.exe of AutoCAD 2013 and create a C# app to process drawing files in the background (with the AutoCAD interface not visible) and read and write attributes of the drawings.

I did a similar program using Inventor Apprentice, but I can’t see what technique to use with acCoreConsole.exe.  Most of the examples I see use acCoreConsole.exe to process a script, which is not the approach that I was trying to take, but I guess I could if I had to.  I was trying to create a drawing object in C# and read and write attribute values of that drawing object.

Is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

The only comment I can offer you regarding Core Console (AcCoreMgd.dll) is that it is somewhat limited in what it can do, and how you can do that.

However, have you already looked into ReadDwgFile() method?

If not, this thread may be of use to you... I'm sure you can find myriad other materials in a Google search for 'AutoCAD .NET ReadDwgFile Attribute'.

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Message 3 of 3

Hi Michael,

You can implement you own command in a .net / arx module and invoke the command from a script file.

That way, your script is only an entry point into your custom dll.

The DevTV sample has an example of that :

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/04/getting-started-with-accoreconsole.html

Balaji
Developer Technical Services
Autodesk Developer Network

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost