Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unhandled exception - WorkingDatabase

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
marekbecica
378 Views, 3 Replies

Unhandled exception - WorkingDatabase

I am trying to delete all layouts from the drawing without opening it. This code works well, but AFTER all code is finished (successfully) the AutoCAD throws unhandled exception (without any usable output) and crashes. I found out, that this error is caused by setting and resetting WorkingDatabase, but there's no other way to delete layouts without opening DWG in DocumentManager (I tried that, but when you have a lot of drawings, it takes ages to finish).

Is there a way to catch this unhandled exception or any other working solution? Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Imports Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports System.IO

Public Class Clear
    Public Function ClearDrawing(ByVal dwg As String, ByVal tempDwg As String) As Boolean
        Using docDB As New Database(False, True)
            Try
                docDB.ReadDwgFile(tempDwg, FileOpenMode.OpenForReadAndWriteNoShare, True, "")
                docDB.CloseInput(True)
                Dim curDB As Database = HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase 'save working DB
                HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase = docDB     'set new DB as working DB
                Using tr As Transaction = docDB.TransactionManager.StartTransaction
                    Try
                        LayoutManager.Current.CurrentLayout = "Model"
                        LayoutManager.Current.CreateLayout("_#empty") 'need to create empty layout, because otherwise it will says it's demaged drawing when opening it
                        Dim layoutDict As DBDictionary = CType(tr.GetObject(docDB.LayoutDictionaryId, OpenMode.ForWrite), DBDictionary)
                        For Each de As DBDictionaryEntry In layoutDict
                            Dim layoutName As String = de.Key
                            If (layoutName.ToLower <> "model" And layoutName <> "_#empty") Then
                                LayoutManager.Current.DeleteLayout(layoutName)
                            End If
                        Next
                        LayoutManager.Current.RenameLayout("_#empty", "Layout1") 'rename to standard name
                        LayoutManager.Current.CurrentLayout = "Model"
                        tr.Commit()
                    Catch ex As Exception
                        tr.Abort()
                        MessageBox.Show("Error during deleting layouts:" & ex.Message & ex.StackTrace, "Delete layouts error", MessageBoxButtons.OK, MessageBoxIcon.Error)
                    End Try
                End Using
                HostApplicationServices.WorkingDatabase = curDB 'reset working databse
                'Create directiories if they not exist
                If Not Directory.Exists(Path.GetDirectoryName(dwg)) Then
                    Directory.CreateDirectory(Path.GetDirectoryName(dwg))
                End If
                Try
                    Dim newDb As Database = docDB.Wblock
                    newDb.SaveAs(dwg, DwgVersion.Current, DwgVersion.Current, docDB.SecurityParameters)
                Catch ex As Exception
                    MessageBox.Show("Unable to save Wblock db: " & ex.Message & ex.StackTrace)
                End Try
                Return True
            Catch ex As Exception
                MessageBox.Show("Unable to process drawing: " & ex.Message & ex.StackTrace)
                Return False
            End Try
        End Using
    End Function
End Class

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Set the working database is not very safe... but in this case is necessary.

Try store the old working database, and after you're done, set it back to its original value.

Regards,

Augusto Goncalves
Twitter @augustomaia
Autodesk Developer Network
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for response, but I am already storing the working database(variable curDB) and resetting it back right after trancsaction.
Message 4 of 4

Hi...i am also facing the similar kind of fatal error when i try to rename the layouts. @marekbecica  have you found any solution for this error?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost