.NET

katpark
Message 11 of 14 (1,134 Views)

Re: Unable to reference Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll

07-10-2008 07:44 AM in reply to: JanneS
Hi JanneS - I'm having this exact problem. Did you solve this by installation changes or were you able to figure out a more direct solution?

thank you!
Valued Contributor
TickleMeElmo
Message 12 of 14 (879 Views)

03-13-2012 06:13 PM in reply to: JanneS

I know I'm thread dredging* but this post made my night.  Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop referenced fine, but not [yada].common.  Used JanneS trick of copying Autodesk.AutoCAD.Interop.Common.dll from GAC to a "normal" folder and now it references ok.  I suspect "real" coders would be horrified, but hey.

I've got a bunch of Autodesk products (some with varying versions) installed, possibly was the cause.

Cheers JanneS

* Funny how it's somehow more acceptable to thread dredge if you acknowledge you're doing it  :smileyhappy:

Valued Mentor
fieldguy
Message 13 of 14 (861 Views)

03-14-2012 10:47 AM in reply to: TickleMeElmo

Good work! User forums would have substantially less posts if everyone did.

Contributor
dreamwtx
Message 14 of 14 (848 Views)

03-16-2012 01:12 AM in reply to: JanneS

JanneS wrote:
I started a new Windows application C# project in Visual Studio 2005, my intention is to use COM only in this one, not the .NET wrappers. So I added the references like the Autocad 2008 ActiveX and VBA developers guide states:

To fully access AutoCAD automation objects from Microsoft Visual Studio® .NET, create references to the following files:
• The AutoCAD 2008 type library, acax17enu.tlb, located at c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared.
• The AutoCAD/ObjectDBX Common 17.0 type library, axdb17enu.tlb, located at c:\program files\common files\autodesk shared.

After adding the references I have under project references “AXDBLib”, but it has the yellow warning sign over it. The error list has two lines:

Cannot find wrapper assembly for type library "AXDBLib".

The referenced component 'AXDBLib' could not be found.

So what’s the problem and how to fix it? I can get around the reference error using late binding and referencing nothing, but late binding is kind of unnatural with C#.

Using Visual Studio 2005 and Autocad Architecture 2008.

hi JanneS:

i am doing the same thing.but i  don't have  API using com access to autocad . do you have API?

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.