.NET
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to read the attached DXF using Database.DXFIn()

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
sandeep_vaal
917 Views, 2 Replies

Unable to read the attached DXF using Database.DXFIn()

Hi,

I am new to the RealDWG. I am trying to read the dxf file using RealDWG. Most of the files do come in correctly. But there are some files where DXFIn() api just hangs. It does not throw any error or comes out of the API call, but simply hangs. 

If I Open and then Save the attached file in latest AutoCAD(AutoCAD 14) in dxf format only then DXFIn function executes properly. 

It looks like the version compatibility issue of dxf files. But what I am interested in is that how should I figure out which files needs to be resaved before my application hangs.

Here is the code I am using.

this.database = new Database(false/*build empty object*/, true/*assiciate this database to current document*/);

public void ReadFile(string fileName)

{

string fileExt = Path.GetExtension(fileName);
if(fileExt.Equals(".dxf", StringComparison.InvariantCultureIgnoreCase))
this.database.DxfIn(fileName, this.logFilePath);
else
this.database.ReadDwgFile(fileName, FileOpenMode.OpenForReadAndReadShare, false /*allowCPConversion*/, string.Empty/*password*/);

}

Thanks,

Sandeep

Tags (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fenton.webb
in reply to: sandeep_vaal

The fact that the DXF file loads fine in AutoCAD suggests to me that you have a problem in your RealDWG application implementation. Have you used this template as the basis for your RealDWG app? http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/05/fentons-recommended-hostapplicationservices-implementa...

Another point... As with any code that processes many data files; I recommend that your RealDWG app is hosted in a separate exe that your processor app exe, this is so your processor app can monitor the health of your separate RealDWG exe app in case of failure, so that your program stays up.

Fenton Webb
AutoCAD Engineering
Autodesk

Message 3 of 3
sandeep_vaal
in reply to: fenton.webb

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. The template solved my problem

Thanks again for the reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk DevCon in Munich May 28-29th

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost